Well, front shocks are done, charged and not leaking. Learned a few lessons along the way but for the most part everything went pretty smooth. I powder coated the bodies flat black then clear cerakoted everything for a little extra corrosion protection. I also replaced the lower bushing as well as the shaft bushing since i put a good gouge in it trying to get the seals out. Word of advice, be super careful getting the seals out not to scratch that bushing since it's next to impossible to get it out. Soon as i get a good weather window i'll swap them out and see how they actually hold up.
Couple lessons learned:
1. If you're rebuilding in the winter, take the shocks and seals inside for a few days and let them warm up. The seals are much easier to get in when they're warm and pliable. I also got a set from Forged and Shock Seals and the shock seals ones seemed easier to install although those are the ones i kept inside for a few days.
2. Check to see if the little ball bearing is in the top cap. I had some leakage from the set screw when i reassembled and i found the ball was missing. I didn't remember taking the set screw all the way out but maybe i did and lost it. I did have another set of fronts that i was going to steal the ball from but when i opened those up, one ball was missing and i know i didn't lose it. FYI they are .125 diameter and you can find 100 of them on Amazon for like 8 bucks.
3. Removing the lower cap makes installing the IFP a lot easier and makes it easier to replace that bushing. It took a little heat from a propane torch and a steel rod to loosen it,but it came off without too much issue.
Refinish before sand blast
Makeshift cerakote booth
Ready to reassemble