TORQ the aftermath! Finally getting thier comeuppance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally a great blow to these bastards that almost ****** my truck up! Thanks to Whipple its finally running right! I made a promise and I will make sure I follow through!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Congrats on becoming a re-seller for one of the best blowers around. I mentioned a few times when talking to you about the HTR cars and other projects that they were far superior to KB's. Whipple truly is a fantastic product that offers amazing HP/TQ gains and cool IAT's than most.

We were among the first to prove how well these blowers work compared to their competitors and still sell and install their product and waive the Whipple banner proud in our shop.

We look forward to seeing some more awesome Whipple powered LS vehicles in South Florida.

True, you were a great dealer and supported us well.....In the beginning. I am not sure what happened to you but your business strategy and customer relations have not been up to par as a Whipple dealer and as a company "supporting" Whipple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
First and foremost, our sincere apologies to Redline in getting their thread involved with such discussions. We have and will always have the most respect for Howard and his business.

With that being said, we have a social media policy in place for handling customer issues and concerns which can be found in our About section. Like many other respectable businesses out there, we only address issues through the appropriate communication channels such as email and telephone. We have had multiple discussions with the concerned customer and we will continue to encourage him and any other customers to use the telephone and email to address their concerns.

Every business, performance shop or not, will always have situations that arise resulting in unhappy customers. We do our best to resolve every issue in a timely and professional manner directly with them! There can of course be uncontrollable circumstances with orders and we always make multiple attempts to resolve them with the customer. This specific case, the customer was not satisfied with our attempts and we continue to stay in communication to find a resolution, even as recent as this morning.

We have grown to become one of the largest specialty retail and installation facilities in the country because of how we do business and the types of vehicles we produce in addition to our stellar customer service we have become known for. I can assure you the positive feedback and great results are far greater than the cases of dissatisfaction, that on occasion, are associated with every type of business.

Regarding our status with Whipple, we are in fact an authorized reseller and installer and are one of their largest distributors in the world. It is because of our reputation and installations that Whipple has become the leading supercharger for the 2010 Camaro and late model LS vehicles.

We truly wish Redline nothing but success with Whipple as we know they are truly the best supercharger out there!

And again, should you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us via email or phone.

/Erik

Not sure where you are getting your information but Torq is NOT the one who put Whipple on the map nor are or were you our "one of our largest distributors in the world". You were a dealer that yes, sold and installed a lot of Whipple Superchargers. You did reach a lot of people and held us in high regards with your customer base. But, as you can see here, the bad is starting to out weigh the good and your business practice is catching up with you.

After this post, I am sure a lot more people are going to stand up and let everyone know just how good your customer service is and has been. There is no need for customers to feel embarrassed about their experience with Torq. If you say something now, you will be helping out more customers with their decisions and potentially helping them to not get burned like some of you have.

For the record, as of today, 11/26/2012, Torq has been cut off as a Whipple Superchargers dealer/installer. If you have unfulfilled Whipple Superchargers orders with Torq or know someone who does, please feel free to call, email or PM me and we will get you taken care of one way or another. Whipple Superchargers will not stand for the deception of this company any longer as it is giving us a bad name.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW...That is a shit storm...Glad to see there is some restitution (at some level anyway) for you dinoone it's been a long time coming..

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to blame Torq too much for not being able to get your truck's tune running. Many people have had problems with the latest generation Ford ECU's, not only in the Raptor but in the 5.0 Mustang and new 2013 GT-500's as well.

If they could not handle the tune, then they should have been upfront about it and sent you to someone that could. Not much to the physical install of the blower, as I did mine myself in the driveway in a long weekend, but even my tuner who got my truck running perfect admitted they are having hell with the latest Ford ECU's.

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, what's the backstory on this? link to thread at least.... they sound like they're trying to help which is more than I can say about most companies.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Tuners are getting harder because Ford doesn't want anyone aftermarket changing there software unless it is by them. Aftermarket tuners have advantages and disadvantages. When people put them on and something does go wrong they want Ford to foot the bill. If Ford says no it was caused by aftermarket tuner then the customer is but hurt that it is no longer warranty. There is always a reason ford doesn't max the power of there engines out. Multiple times Ford has claimed the aftermarket world can't hack there system but couple days after new power train is released someone cracks it and hops up the power.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without knowing too much of the backstory, I have to agree with RBARN. My 2013 truck is currently at JDM performance in New Jersey right from the factory getting a Whipple and a full Stainless Works exhaust and the tuning is taking longer than expected. Jim Senior has been tuning the truck for about a week now, in between other obligations JDM has to other customers, but the bottom line is mine is the first 2013 they've had to install a Whipple on and, according to what Jim Jr told me from what Jim Sr said, the ECU is slightly different from the 2012 in minor was (not surprising) and so it's going to take a little longer to get the tune right.

Like I said, I don't know what happened to you specificaly Dino, but hey, if it takes JDM a week longer than they said or even two weeks longer to get the tune right, yeah it sucks, but I'd rather have that than have my truck blow up once it gets here to England. Plus, if they can figure it out perfectly on my truck, all of you guys with 2013's that go to JDM after me will get your trucks back faster since they know exactly what to do now.

JDM is taking good care of me as far as I know.