Took the gen 2 to slaughterhouse trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She did amazing. 20s with 35s did much better than expected but I definitely want to go with a 17. Aired down to 32 in the front and 30 in the rear. I didn’t have any issue with the tightness of the trail (was a valet for a number of years before finishing engineering) the part that puckered my ass was the rocks and some of these side to side angles. At one point I was going 14* up and 16* to the side with a tree on my right side separating me from the down hill area. Suspension tuck on the rear got so hefty at one point I had the back tire rubbing the fender liner. IMG_7767.jpegIMG_7751.jpegIMG_7750.jpegIMG_7765.jpegIMG_7764.jpeg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She did amazing. 20s with 35s did much better than expected but I definitely want to go with a 17. Aired down to 32 in the front and 30 in the rear. I didn’t have any issue with the tightness of the trail (was a valet for a number of years before finishing engineering) the part that puckered my ass was the rocks and some of these side to side angles. At one point I was going 14* up and 16* to the side with a tree on my right side separating me from the down hill area. Suspension tuck on the rear got so hefty at one point I had the back tire rubbing the fender liner. View attachment 421421View attachment 421422View attachment 421423View attachment 421424View attachment 421425
yep. been there. wasnt fun. a few years back ( maybe 2016) on the downside of the hill, there was a huge washout. probably about 2ft wide and the entire width of the trail. trees on both sides and about 3 inches to spare on either side with no way around.

OP
OP
cptnslo

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep. been there. wasnt fun. a few years back ( maybe 2016) on the downside of the hill, there was a huge washout. probably about 2ft wide and the entire width of the trail. trees on both sides and about 3 inches to spare on either side with no way around.
Yeah it’s definitely been raining a lot here so I’m sure it was washed out some also. I also got stuck in 2 downpours while I was there which made the rocks wet and even more fun . I got lucky I somehow didn’t slide into anything. I’m still wondering what is an advanced trail if they classify that was beginner

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s definitely been raining a lot here so I’m sure it was washed out some also. I also got stuck in 2 downpours while I was there which made the rocks wet and even more fun . I got lucky I somehow didn’t slide into anything. I’m still wondering what is an advanced trail if they classify that was beginner
wrong truck to be in the mountains. i have had many close calls up there when we were exploring and mapping

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In what sense
wide. and long. my friend and i were scraping on rocks due to the length of the truck, where jeeps would clear no problem. and as you know, the trees are everywhere so clearance is an issue. especially if it gets muddy or there are ruts you cant get out of

OP
OP
cptnslo

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wrong truck to be in the mountains. i have had many close calls up there when we were exploring and mapping

wide. and long. my friend and i were scraping on rocks due to the length of the truck, where jeeps would clear no problem. and as you know, the trees are everywhere so clearance is an issue. especially if it gets muddy or there are ruts you cant get out of
I must have been somewhat fortunate then. I think I scraped the hitch received once the whole time

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there were several trailes we were exploring up there, i cant remember them all, but a lot were difficult to navigate in the truck. and we did a lot at night