Took a test drive today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my choice was made very easy for me. I told them the one I wanted and was ready to go but in the end the ones they had in the database were all oredered for customers and sold. I'm going in this week to place my order for a 2013. They are taking my Harley on trade that has not been driven in years. I'm a bit torn still as i could cough up the $ and get one with a bunch of options I don't really want or Order a 2013 wait and get what i want but likely pay more anyway??? Win win right?

I will price out the 2013 and see how much it costs to get just exactly what I want then make a choice.

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well - I decided to go for the 13. It was a tough choice for me but after the 12 that they were going to trade for fell through a number of times then they came to me with one that 500 and change miles on it and wanted me to pay the same price I said I'd prefer just to do the 13. I had kind of wrapped my mind around getting one just how I want it and was still open to the 12 because i like certain things better about that year but in the end I am happy and excited. I turned in my Harley for a trade yesterday and go in on Friday to formally do the order.

I have a day to get it all together on color and blue inserts or not and options etc.

As of now i expect to order Blue Flame, no blue inserts, Nav (w/cameras) and moon roof, bed extender and probably the tailgate step??? I'll get the hood sticker i suppose but no bed stickers and I'll do line x on my own for the bed and wheel wells.

Once the decision was made I've felt a lot better about buying a 50K+ truck :)

RcIgo

Reaction score
Hey don't tell them you are a cash buyer until you negotiate price!!!!
Dealers will give a little up front(price of unit) if they think they can make on back end(finance/warranty/etc...)
If they know you are all cash they may not go to invoice

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We agreed to 2500 under MSRP after Imake the order. I wanted to do better but they came up 2K on the trade in from the initial price and got to the low end of the range i wanted on that....I also just wanted it out of the garage. I never ride the Harley anymore so it was just sitting there covered. It's a great bike but i just take the GT500 all the time so I can take kids etc.

Anyway it's by no means the best deal out there but I'm happy with it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey, you bought below msrp, thats what counts. it shows you are not the sucker on an impuse buy willing to pay over just to have it. i was told that anything $2k under or better and you were looking good. so what you got seems like a pretty fair deal. now the wait....... i was told 6 months.......

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered very few options on my 2011 Raptor, but one of them was the tailgate step. That was a very wise choice for an old man.
If you have an age on you (or your knees), the tailgate step is a must.

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much. Order is in now....Priority 10 on the DORA

2013 RAPTOR CRW
SZ - Blue Flame
B - Black Interior
801A - Luxury Package (includes Nav. radio, power seats w/ heat/cool, etc.)
43M - Power Moonroof
55R - Hood Graphics Pkg
63E - Bed Extender
63T - Tailgate Step (and stripper pole)
76F - Front and Rear Camera