tonneau cover fitting question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amullhausen

Reaction score
If anyone on here has some knowledge to share please do, I am about to buy a tri fold tonneau cover and I am wondering if i need to find a raptor specific cover, or will a 2010 150 tri fold tonneau cover fit? Thanks for your time.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
If anyone on here has some knowledge to share please do, I am about to buy a tri fold tonneau cover and I am wondering if i need to find a raptor specific cover, or will a 2010 150 tri fold tonneau cover fit? Thanks for your time.
Any cover for a 2004-2015 F-150 with a 5.5 ft bed will work. The bed rails and box interior are the same as any F-150.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pondering replacing my stock lightning tonneau with one of those revolvers which would look very similar. I currently have a bakflip HD which works great but isn't quite perfect for overloads where you have things hanging over the rail, but this looks to be better with it draping over top. But I'm not sure if the cover can snap back into the rail.

Does anyone know?

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pondering replacing my stock lightning tonneau with one of those revolvers which would look very similar. I currently have a bakflip HD which works great but isn't quite perfect for overloads where you have things hanging over the rail, but this looks to be better with it draping over top. But I'm not sure if the cover can snap back into the rail.

Does anyone know?

The Revolver X2 (and the original Roll-X) have to be completely closed for the mechanism to work properly and lock the cover securely into place. If you need to leave the cover open, you roll the cover forward and tie it down with the straps. Even if it's just a little, to leave something poking out the back, I wouldn't leave the cover draping over it like a blanket. I would roll it forward and secure it with the straps. For me, it's usually instances where I need lumber from the hardware store and I want it sticking out the top. Otherwise, I could always drop the tailgate and have it stick out the back with the cover securely in place.

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone done any off-roading with this new cover?

I know there were issues with the last version falling into the bed - I forget who posted about that. It might have been from bed spread.

I had issues with the latches on my last cover but Morrie came through for me and sent me a brand new cover.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on the beach at low speeds (<35mph) and back roads at higher speeds (~65mph) and the Revolver X2 held up well. I can't say the same about the BakBox, but I never had a problem with the cover opening, collapsing or coming undone. The terrain at the beach was pretty bumpy, but the gravel roads I was on were fairly smooth. Still, I drifted a few times and fishtailed here and there, but the cover stayed on.

The BakBox collapsed and fell off the rails, but I've since fixed that problem by using an L-bracket on the clamp that secures the strap. The L-bracket holds the BakBox back against the top plates and doesn't let it slide forward. Haven't had a problem since.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Revolver X2 (and the original Roll-X) have to be completely closed for the mechanism to work properly and lock the cover securely into place. If you need to leave the cover open, you roll the cover forward and tie it down with the straps. Even if it's just a little, to leave something poking out the back, I wouldn't leave the cover draping over it like a blanket. I would roll it forward and secure it with the straps. For me, it's usually instances where I need lumber from the hardware store and I want it sticking out the top. Otherwise, I could always drop the tailgate and have it stick out the back with the cover securely in place.

That's too bad.

Nope not me. There's times when I don't want the wind back there picking up things. It's required to have all loads covered here or risk fines.