Tire Rubbing on 13 screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else is having this problem, I have a 2013 SCREW with about 10k in milage.

After the last couple long trips on the freeway, when I exit and am driving around town I hear rubbing from the passenger side tire. This only happens when I turn to the left at full lock. It only happens after long freeway drive of an hour plus. It does not do it when I turn to the right. And after the truck cools a bit it wont do it again. The passenger side inner fender liner in the front is where the tire is rubbing and seems really flimsy, especially when it gets hot.

Has or does anyone currently have this issue and what did you do.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had this issue in this truck but this has happened to me on other vehicles. The issue was that the fender liner plastic studs had given way and I just had to zip tie them back into place. I know this probably isnt the case for you but just wanted to share.

OP
OP
Juiced4ever

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

The plastic studs are still there just not very tight. Should I replace with some zip ties instead?

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had sort of the same problem when my truck was new. They rubbed at full lock when backing. I zip tied them at the front with a couple ties, on both sides and they're still there.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happens to me all the time...same scenario, it rubs after driving for extended periods of time. I have always thought it was due to the heating of the liner...

Happened to me a couple of days ago after a high speed, ten hour run from Austin to Orange Beach, Alabama. :)

OP
OP
Juiced4ever

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I will be doing some zip tying tonight. Gotta run down the hill to sacramento on saturday.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Mine has done this on both sides since day one. Whenever I'm on the road for about an hour or longer the tires will grab the liner. I just figured the wind pressure while in motion bends the liner a bit but I have no resource for that - just my theory. I still haven't done anything to fix it but have adjusted my driving habits so I take a football field to turnaround after a trip. I'm just being lazy because it seems easy enough to fix.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cut a piece of my fender liner off that was rubbing during tight turns. You can't miss it, it's the 4" x 4" piece at the bottom of the liner that is in front of the springs.