GEN 2 Tinted windows on Lightning Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got 15% on the front windows and did ceramic 70% on the whole windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_5216.jpg
    IMG_5216.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5175.jpg
    IMG_5175.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5172.jpg
    IMG_5172.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 115

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 15% on the front windows and did ceramic 70% on the whole windshield.

Let's see pics of the windshield if you have any.

Just to clarify, the rear windows are tinted from the factory so is everyone putting tint over all four windows? I want to get a good match from front to back.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The windshield is 70% which is clear but blocks 90% of heat and 99% of UV rays. I did it for the heat reduction and dash protection. I only did the front two windows so it matched the factory back.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got any full side profile pics to compare front/back?
Looks great. Anything on windshield?

Here you go. I did a 5% brow on the front windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. I did a 5% brow on the front windshield.

Wow! You've got the perfect match from front to back. Mainly what I'm looking for.
Did you put extra tint over the rear windows since they come tinted or just a clear for the UV?
Sorry for all the questions....
Trying to get my mods planned before truck arrives.
I'm also getting a Lightning Blue.

Noticing angle of photo makes a huge difference. In your first angled shots the 15% looks pretty dark, but then full on side shot its not overly dark.

Last edited:

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! You've got the perfect match from front to back. Mainly what I'm looking for.
Did you put extra tint over the rear windows since they come tinted or just a clear for the UV?
Sorry for all the questions....
Trying to get my mods planned before truck arrives.
I'm also getting a Lightning Blue.

Noticing angle of photo makes a huge difference. In your first angled shots the 15% looks pretty dark, but then full on side shot its not overly dark.

I only did the front windows and the brow. I didn't add anything else. That full on shot was with the sun behind me. I had to turn the truck that way to get decent pictures that day. So that's why it looks lighter.

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only did the front windows and the brow. I didn't add anything else. That full on shot was with the sun behind me. I had to turn the truck that way to get decent pictures that day. So that's why it looks lighter.

Thanks! I'll probably go with a clear film over rear windows to get some of the heat rejection but still have it match well like yours.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, the rear windows on most cars are simply darkened glass. They don't have the heat reduction, nor UV protection of tint. If you want to really cut down on heat, it's best to tint the rear windows as well.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're truck looks amazing.
What tint brand is that 25%?
I usually have gone Formula one pinnacle in the past but it goes from 35 to 15 and looking for something in between.

Thanks.

Honestly, I can't remember the brand they used. I can tell you that Pro Tint in Savannah GA did it. It was a ceramic tint tho which really cuts down on the heat tremendously.