Throttle stuttering on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They did some updates to the ECU. That along with the plug swap to the SP 542s has mine running like a top. Great throttle response and smooth shifts. I am a happy camper!

Ok. I'll have to look and see if there are any current updates for my truck.

Lately my 1-2 shift is pretty harsh plus some other quirky things with the tranny. Also my truck has developed what feels like a slight miss while driving at stead throttle. Haven't had time to pull the plugs and check them

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a pedal max type product to see if it helps the the trucks with this stuttering on acceleration? I would be curious to see if the revised pedal signals change how the surging happens.

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I'll have to look and see if there are any current updates for my truck.

Lately my 1-2 shift is pretty harsh plus some other quirky things with the tranny. Also my truck has developed what feels like a slight miss while driving at stead throttle. Haven't had time to pull the plugs and check them

Doing the plugs and the updates has solved my issues, very happy as she is smooth as silk now. Good luck, hope you get it worked out

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen if the plugs are the same in the 19? Just wondering,as I seen a few post about this.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did trans update as well and my 1-2 shift in Sport is also much harsher than before (at light <20% throttle). >40% and it's always smooth.

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did trans update as well and my 1-2 shift in Sport is also much harsher than before (at light <20% throttle). >40% and it's always smooth.

Since the trans update, in sport mode, I will occasionally get a bit of a harsh (really overly firm) shift on 4-5 with light throttle. This is only occasionally and never under medium to heavy throttle, where it has never been harsh. Mine has never occurred on 1-2.