Throttle Racing away on GEN 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1 on a faulty throttle body. Had the same issue before on a couple different vehicles and a new throttle body was the fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a frayed wire in the harness for the TB I put in my mustang. Same symptoms but much more frequent. cost a bit to finally get it diagnosed but ended up being a cheap fix once the frayed wire was found. damn thing was damaged at factory/in shipping but was in a wire harness so not an easy spot.

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pedal commander and never experienced that.
As far as I know I DONT have any Pedal Commander....truck is exactly as it left the Shelby Factory and they didnt install one....
I'm kind of agreeing with a lot of the guys that its the Throttle Body....
I had one go bad years back on a Cadillac and it BLEW the Engine....thats why this worries me... :-( Good thing it was the dealer that screwed up....5 year old Caddy...no warranty,but mechanic screwed something up.....got a Brand New engine..;-)

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not believe George has a pedal commander. He has a Shelby with a Shelby tune.
I've had my PC since they were first brought to the raptor community, back in 2016 and been running it since, no issues.

Hi Rick....CORRECT..!! Shelby Tune...no Pedal Commander....kind of agreeing with most here that Throttle Body is bad....just weird how it has only done it 2 times in 10,000 miles....
HEY...LOVE THE DEAD PEDAL from you guys..!! Fit perfect as you said,and didnt even have to use the screws thru the mats and floorboards....fit perfect,took all of 5 minutes to install....THANKS..!

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess a pedal commander is involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Pedal Commander....Shelby did all the work back in 2014,dont believe they had them back then,and I've never installed one.....but thanks....always good to hear from all you guys....

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on this forum for 10 years, never heard this before either.

Are you running the pedal commander?

Nope....All work done at Shelby back in 2014 and dont think they came out till 2016?? Truck is 110% STOCK Shelby,as it left their factory... :)

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silverado I had, 2 times the throttle pedal got stuck on the floor mat after being floored. Those were a couple eye opening rides before I realized the pedal didn't return up. I would go mess with the pedal and make sure it has free travel.

GOOD POINT....have had a "mat" screw with me in past vehicles...I'll have to take a look...but would think it would happen more often if pedal was getting hung up on mat....WEIRD for sure....and not fun..!! How damn embarrassing and COSTLY to rear-end a car gassing up with a Supercharged Raptor....1st time it happened it actually left a little rubber before I stopped it,and people thought I was "showing off"....NOT..!!