Thoughts on the Nikola Badger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They need to start giving range in terms of towing and temperature. I've seen a couple of tests on Tesla's electric vehicles that are tow rated and the battery range is less than half..soo 300 becomes 150 pretty quickly. Trucks are used to tow and haul stuff and the perfect conditions that are used for determining range won't be realistic in real life. I think an upper and lower number would be much more useful. You can't just have your friends bring an extra 5 gallons of electricity in case you run out...generally speaking.

OP
OP
Dustan

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they can get the tractor trailer model going that would drive the filling station’s. The UTV starts at 80k and can be preordered!!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the design as it looks too much like the Toyota. If Ford and Rivian come out with an e-pickup that has fake V8 exhaust sounds, I might be tempted.

I will never by the CyberTruck and will laugh out the window from my gas guzzling 3.5 TT Raptor when I finally see one on the road.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know who Nikola Badger is and probably wouldn't think about her unless she was hot.

Asinine

Reaction score
They need to start giving range in terms of towing and temperature. I've seen a couple of tests on Tesla's electric vehicles that are tow rated and the battery range is less than half..soo 300 becomes 150 pretty quickly. Trucks are used to tow and haul stuff and the perfect conditions that are used for determining range won't be realistic in real life. I think an upper and lower number would be much more useful. You can't just have your friends bring an extra 5 gallons of electricity in case you run out...generally speaking.
This should be standard practice, like is done with city and highway mileage. My father has a Tesla X and it’ll show 300 miles when topped off, but it’ll only do that during a 68 degree dry day. Make it a cold rainy night and that drops by 40 miles. Driving up to Tahoe or towing a small trailer - drop it by 100+.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on Car and Driver

After announcing via Twitter that the Nikola Badger electric truck would be available for preorder on June 29, CEO and founder Trevor Milton has told Reuters that the pickup will enter production in 2022 or earlier. The company is also expected to begin building its hydrogen fuel-cell semis in the second half of next year.

05af32e00b854992508d9-1591980129.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.jpg
Nikola Badger Pickup Production Starts in 2022
Nikola doesn't plan to go it alone with the Badger. The company announced early on that it would be partnering with an established automaker to build the electric pickup. "There are three in the running right now for a joint venture on Badger, and we will announce who that is in the next few months," Milton told Reuters.

Based on Milton's timeline, it's likely that we'll learn about the partner at Nikola World, which was expected to happen in September of this year. Details of the annual event will be shared on June 29. As a bonus for customers who preorder the Badger, they will get first dibs on tickets to the event.

The Badger itself will be available as either a pure battery-electric or a battery-electric/fuel-cell hybrid. The electric version will have a claimed 300 miles of range, while the fuel-cell version will up that number to a claimed 600 miles, with those highly ambitious numbers coming from the company. The new model will enter an electric-truck market crowded with offerings from established automakers and startups expected to be on the road in the next few years.

Milton also noted that its fuel-cell semis are in the prototype phase and should begin production in 2021. Those initial big rigs will be be built in Ulm, Germany, with partner CNH Industrial, which builds Iveco trucks.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think by the time my 18 is worn out, one of these may be a cool option. Lots of headwind to get them into production and on the road. If it shows up as stated, could be a cool truck.