Third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayspick

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an evil offroad 3rd brake light.
They have the wiring for the brake and the bed light but don’t give you details on which wires are which coming from the ford harness. Any help would be appreciated

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard was the install?
Hardest part for me honestly was connecting the pass through Upfitter wires, to the hot Upfitter wires. I connected two. One set for the Amber chase lights, and one for the center white light. I left the battery in place, and just wrestled with the little wires, was time consuming but eventually I was able to get it done.

Removing the factory light is no problem, and mounting everything to the new set was simple enough.

There’s a sticky thread for the GJ specific install that has a great diagram on wiring the brake lights / courtesy lights. Borrowing some pictures from @MedCityRaptor IMG_1216.pngIMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_1217.jpeg

The clips the new light uses to secure itself to the truck aren’t the best to work with, but if you just carefully mate the light with the truck, then be gentle on the screws at first it goes right on.

Getting the wire harness to the passenger kick panel was very simple. Interior panels pop right off, and there’s plenty of room to just push the wires all the way up along the truck harness. I have the power wires going to the passenger side, and the coax wire going under the driver seat. Same process for both sides.

Kick panel upfitter wires were easy to locate and had plenty of length to work with. Also a ground wire right next to the fuse box there.
IMG_1214.jpeg

All in all a decently involved install, but relatively simple. If I was to do it a second time it would be no sweat at all.