Thinking about trading my powerstroke for a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think will I be happy with a raptor? I live about three hours from silver lake michigan. How are they in the dunes? Would I have to worry about breaking something? How are they on the road? How do they tow? How is the power of the 6.2?

If anyone is interested in maybe trading let me know. This is what I'm coming off of.

2008 f350 powerstroke 55k miles
Intake full exhaust and hs tuner
525whp 1100ft tq in hot mode maintenance to a T
37" nitto trails with BMF novacaines
2 1/2 leveling kit
Harley front end conversion
Rbp steps
Leer cap $2200 and carpet bed
Smoked lenses led and hid lights
Removable kayak and bike rack can't even tell its there. And a full recent buff that cost a grand. There is over $13k in mods

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346203413.174355.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346203529.750309.jpg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think will I be happy with a raptor? I live about three hours from silver lake michigan. How are they in the dunes? Would I have to worry about breaking something? How are they on the road? How do they tow? How is the power of the 6.2?

If anyone is interested in maybe trading let me know. This is what I'm coming off of.

2008 f350 powerstroke 55k miles
Intake full exhaust and hs tuner
525whp 1100ft tq in hot mode maintenance to a T
37" nitto trails with BMF novacaines
2 1/2 leveling kit
Harley front end conversion
Rbp steps
Leer cap $2200 and carpet bed
Smoked lenses led and hid lights
Removable kayak and bike rack can't even tell its there. And a full recent buff that cost a grand. There is over $13k in mods

View attachment 11059

View attachment 11060

Afternoon....

Low miles for sure.... Not even broken in. Your truck is a beast that is an awesome looking rig.

I traded my 02 Excursion with a 7.3 and a bully Dog, CAI and MRBP running 38" 6" lift, Pioneer Nav, Crome nerf bars, etc.... I sold it out right for $21k private party 80k miles.

Raptor is much more fun to drive, but I miss the Bus.

What are you asking for the truck? I am guessing you might take a hair cut unless you find the perfect person that has got to have it. I am of the mind you should try everything to keep both.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck looks killer, if it's the 6.0 it might be hard to move. You need to ask yourself how often and how much do you tow. I came from big diesel trucks and never thought I would be happy with a half ton. (The SCREW can only tow 8K and the SCAB 6K.) In all reality I do not tow anything heavy and I have yet to miss the power of the diesel. To be honest with you the 6.2 pulls as good as any diesel I have owned at the expense of 8 MPG. The extra width makes it very stable but it does get caught up in the ruts the semi trucks leave in old roads. I do miss the braking power the bigger trucks have and my last truck had a exhaust brake that was scary good at stopping you. Would I do it again? Yes with out a seconds hesitation. These trucks are just plain fun to drive.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My perspective on this is it's all about the towing question. Your truck is a killer in the looks department and will pull a house off of its foundation. As a daily driver, however, I am overwhelmed with the Raptor. For road trips and round town driving, you can't beat this truck. Towing? I tow a 25ft, 5500lb boat from Michigan to Missouri and it is uber stable and will run as fast as I want to run the boat trailer (i mean like 90mph) all day long. In the Missouri hills is when I miss the diesel, but there is always a Banks or other charging options for those times....now I just downshift rather than emptying my wallet....again. If you are towing up to the F150 SCREW/SCAB capacity on occassion, I would go Raptor (unless your truck got 25/mpg), but If I was towing an 6K-8K work trailer with a skid-steer or multiple pallets of whatever you have in bags by your truck daily, the Raptor would do it without complaining, but personally I would opt for that effen awsome rig you built. IJS. On the dunes the Raptor kicks ass, i just posted a little report on my first outing to Silver lake. Only issue i had was bending the **** out of the skidplate, no biggie, no other worries. Sound is awesome and once i had worked through tire pressure and shifting options to find the best settings, she would drive up the test hill in 'almost' every spot with me and 4 other passengers on board. Only a couple of back-downs, all of which I was in either "D" or "M." Net-Net, you have a kick ass beautiful truck. If you NEED diesel power regularly, weekly, you won't be happy with anything less than what you have. If you drive 75-80% road miles w/out trailer?...you will feel spoiled rotten in the Raptor it rides sooooo nice.

Last edited:

Lardogg

Reaction score
This is a hard one to pick. I just traded my 09 f-350 with spartan set up and many upgrades for a 12 raptor screw. I loved my truck but was feeling the need for something different. I do miss my old powerstroke, the power!!!!, ease of towing anything you want, and just having a big truck. It's hard to change from something like that to a 1/2 ton. The raptor is a very nice ride on road but just shines off. I've had so many people question why I made the trade but then I just say "get in". That answers all the questions people have about what's so special about the raptor. Don't let people steer you into the raptor can tow just fine. Sorry guys it doesn't! It can do it but it works to get the job done. My wifes f-150 eco tows much better than my raptor. Same trailer same weight. The thing is that's not why you buy a raptor. It's just fun to drive. Knowing where ever you drive you tell yourself I could just hit that and not think twice. Not having to ever slow down for speed bumps again. LOL! For an every day driver it doesn't get much better. I can't say buy the raptor and don't look back. You will miss things about your superduty the raptor will never be but that goes both ways. I don't think I made a bad choice at all just different way of enjoying life.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
only issue I see is towing, mine pulls 7K all day with ease.