Think I blew up my front diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
OP, post up some better pics of the damage. Is it just a tab broken off the housing? If so, just pull the housing and have it welded back together. Assuming no other damage, it will be good as new.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, post up some better pics of the damage. Is it just a tab broken off the housing? If so, just pull the housing and have it welded back together. Assuming no other damage, it will be good as new.

I have been asking for a while of more pics but they won’t send me any. I’m probably going to pick the truck up early next week. May just end up buying a used whole diff carrier and installing myself.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was so pissed the other day I went to the local dodge dealer and test drove one of the AEV power wagons they had in the lot. Awesome truck but it was monsterous and didn’t feel as special as the raptor. Calmed me down and made me excited to fix my truck and move on past this whole situation.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have been asking for a while of more pics but they won’t send me any. I’m probably going to pick the truck up early next week. May just end up buying a used whole diff carrier and installing myself.

I bet that is going to be $$$ and you know good and well it will probably be on national back order. Might be able to find a used one, but I bet it will be tough. I would at least run it by a good tig welder and check, probably couple hundred bucks tops if you do the grunt work, and they can probably make it stronger than OEM.
I would pull the diff and go through it before you decide to repair it, take it to a 4 wheel drive shop if you don't know what you're looking at. Make sure there's no broken gears and whatnot.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s one on eBay right not that’s the proper 4.10 ratio with the Torsen like mine and it’s less than 800. It’s from a Gen 1 but from what I’m reading it’s the same part on gen 1 and gen 2 so as long as I confirm that I may do that and replace all the seals before I throw it on

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There’s one on eBay right not that’s the proper 4.10 ratio with the Torsen like mine and it’s less than 800. It’s from a Gen 1 but from what I’m reading it’s the same part on gen 1 and gen 2 so as long as I confirm that I may do that and replace all the seals before I throw it on

That's awesome. Post up some pics of the broken bits later on. Don't leave us hanging. :^)

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all that drama, just get your truck back from the dealer & fix it yourself, have an independent shop or a 4x4 shop do the repair if it's beyond your ability. G'luck !

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ll do. I’ll probably change the bushings and seals while it’s out to be safe. Can anyone confirm the first gen and 2nd gen use the same front diff carrier?

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s true but they never give loners. They always say I have to go through insurance. I’ve been ubering to work which is a bit inconvenient but luckily I don’t work too far.

Not true, every Ford store has loaners, but they decide who gets one or not. I’m taking my Raptor in for some work next week, will be getting a loaner of some kind for a couple of days.

PS, it does pay to be cool to the dealership folks.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ll do. I’ll probably change the bushings and seals while it’s out to be safe. Can anyone confirm the first gen and 2nd gen use the same front diff carrier?

Per hollander interchange it is an exact match

Exact Match
1 FORD F150 RAPTOR 2017-2018 (front axle), (4.10 ratio), w/locking differential ( Torsen ) 00235B
2 FORD F150 RAPTOR 2012-2014 Front Axle; (4.10 ratio), (Torsen locking differntial) 00235B