Things You DIscovered About Your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The key doesn’t have to be in the truck for the radio to work. Whenever I take the wife’s car to the dealership for an oil change I just pick one of the new trucks that has a good view of the quick lane and sit in an listen to the radio. Discovered this a couple of years ago.

Mark

This is gold. I love it

ReRun

Reaction score
That’s the gear lockout feature. When you hit the paddle or gear selector +/-, the gear display goes away. tap either one again and it comes back. if you double tap -, you lock out 10th gear. tap - again, you lock out 9th gear, and so on. It doesn’t do this as quickly as manual mode shifting.

The gear display disappearing is a common complaint among new users.

so is there a difference between gear lockout and manual shifting?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
so is there a difference between gear lockout and manual shifting?

Gear lockout limits how high the transmission will shift up in automatic mode. I.e. if you lockout 9th gear your truck will not shift into 9th-10th and will top out in 8th. Useful for towing when you don't want the motor lugging itself going up and down hills. I've also used it around town so the engine hovers around 1.8k-2k revs at cruising which makes it feel more responsive.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gear lockout limits how high the transmission will shift up in automatic mode. I.e. if you lockout 9th gear your truck will not shift into 9th-10th and will top out in 8th. Useful for towing when you don't want the motor lugging itself going up and down hills. I've also used it around town so the engine hovers around 1.8k-2k revs at cruising which makes it feel more responsive.
I really don’t like how the truck insists on being at idle as much as possible. There’s no way that’s more efficient.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don’t like how the truck insists on being at idle as much as possible. There’s no way that’s more efficient.

Totally agree. It's a spot where you can tell the engineers had to compromise to squeeze out the MPGs for fuel economy.

Next time you're cruising try locking out 9-10th gear and see how you like it. You still have 8th as you OD gear and the engine just seems so much happier to sit higher in the rev range while doing city speeds.

Cronex

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn on the side mirror defrosters? Does the 2019 802A even have side mirror defroster?
Thanks,
Chattanooga, TN

BrttClne22

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn on the side mirror defrosters? Does the 2019 802A even have side mirror defroster?
Thanks,
Chattanooga, TN
They turn on with the rear window defroster button which is in the climate control buttons in your center stack.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk