Things You DIscovered About Your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 Raptor, Magnetic with the 802a package, Raptor Technology package and a couple of other typical options. I've had both knees replaced in the last six months, so working on it has been slow. I ordered a Bakflip MX4 toneau cover, AMP running boards, under seat storage box and tow bar baseplates as it will be towed behind my motor home.

So that's my story and here is why I posted. I've found in the past that there are many little items one person may discover about their vehicle that others never knew. As a example....Even though many know this, there is a button on the left rear bed light that allows you to turn on the bed lights from the tailgate.

So as a new owner, I'm looking for secrets about the Raptor that you won't find in the manual.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 Raptor, Magnetic with the 802a package, Raptor Technology package and a couple of other typical options. I've had both knees replaced in the last six months, so working on it has been slow. I ordered a Bakflip MX4 toneau cover, AMP running boards, under seat storage box and tow bar baseplates as it will be towed behind my motor home.

So that's my story and here is why I posted. I've found in the past that there are many little items one person may discover about their vehicle that others never knew. As a example....Even though many know this, there is a button on the left rear bed light that allows you to turn on the bed lights from the tailgate.

So as a new owner, I'm looking for secrets about the Raptor that you won't find in the manual.

First thing I did was disable the seatbelt chime nanny. This applies to Ford trucks in general

Each seat has to be done separately.

Last edited:

Instarand

Reaction score

this is the thread I’ve been looking for. The links posted above are for aftermarket modifications from what I can see. I believe you’re asking about “normal” features that people notice or use that may not be super obvious. Right? I picked up my raptor a few days ago so I have nothing to offer yet!! Except maybe one thing...

when in Drive (not manual mode) you see the 10 gears with the selected gear highlighted in the cluster. Sometimes I notice that goes away. When I click the right paddle shifter it comes back. The right paddle shifter appears to hide and show the gears. Also, when in drive (not manual mode) The left paddle appears to allow you to downshift anyway. When you do downshift - say from 10th to 8th - it removes those gears from the display. As if you’re limiting how high it can shift. I was going to look through the manual to read more about this.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s the gear lockout feature. When you hit the paddle or gear selector +/-, the gear display goes away. tap either one again and it comes back. if you double tap -, you lock out 10th gear. tap - again, you lock out 9th gear, and so on. It doesn’t do this as quickly as manual mode shifting.

The gear display disappearing is a common complaint among new users.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes I use the lockout when going down a hill and I want more engine braking. If you use manual mode and downshift the engine revs to match the speed, so going down hill sometimes if you down shift you will actually speed up for a few seconds. If you use the lockout it does not rev match and it helps you slow down.