Things You DIscovered About Your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate your help I didn’t know how to turn on the two back bed lights. Didn’t make sense that you couldn’t turn them on from the back of the truck...

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I did was disable the seatbelt chime nanny. This applies to Ford trucks in general

Each seat has to be done separately.

I went out this evening to try this out. Driver seat worked to perfection, exactly the way the video describes. I then tried to do the same thing for the passenger seat, but no joy. So I figured maybe the truck needs to think someone is sitting in that seat for the process to work. So I jumped out and went and sat in the passenger seat. I started the process all over again. Success!! No more nanny chimes for seat belts!!

Roscoe S

Reaction score
I went out this evening to try this out. Driver seat worked to perfection, exactly the way the video describes. I then tried to do the same thing for the passenger seat, but no joy. So I figured maybe the truck needs to think someone is sitting in that seat for the process to work. So I jumped out and went and sat in the passenger seat. I started the process all over again. Success!! No more nanny chimes for seat belts!!

I figured doing the driver automatically did both front seats?

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured doing the driver automatically did both front seats?
Well I can't say for certain whether the driver's side took care of both. I didn't test it out to see which chimes were disabled. The video does specifically say you need to do both seats, so that is what I did. And I really haven't confirmed that the chimes are turned off. Only that the seatbelt light in the dash acted exactly the way the video describes, indicating that I was successful. Next time I take the truck for a drive, I'll be able to confirm for myself!

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Glad you got it done. It has been a pet peeve of mine since seatbelt nannies became prevalent in all vehicles, even though I always wear my seatbelt, it’s the principal of not having a machine that I pay for bitch and whine at me.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it done. It has been a pet peeve of mine since seatbelt nannies became prevalent in all vehicles, even though I always wear my seatbelt, it’s the principal of not having a machine that I pay for bitch and whine at me.

Here here!! If I wanted a machine that I pay for bitch and whine at me, I wouldn't have filed for divorce last year. :D

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hit the tow/haul switch on the shifter the truck will automatically hold your speed down (downshift) while descending a hill at highway speed without needing to lock out gears.

I did find a good use for gear lockouts while towing a heavy boat on a really hot day with a headwind. The transmission was heating up because it was shifting a lot between 8-9-10 so I locked out 9-10 and it cooled right down.

Hill descent switch works awesome on difficult steep/slippery descents.

The auto headlight dimmer works great if you hook up accessory drive lights relayed to your high beams.

If you take the truck through a drive through car wash don’t forget to turn off the rain sensing wipers. Also you can fold the mirrors using the switch on the left side by the mirror controls.

If you’re parking in a tight spot hit the camera button for a nice simulated top down camera view of the spot so you can see the stripes and adjacent cars.