The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So are you saying that if you turn on ORM with the SVC tune that it is now limiting the tune or is the performance perfectly acceptable with the tune and ORM? Or does it not make a difference one way or another?

I do like the airbag sensitivity decrease and other features it provides.

My understanding now is that if you turn on ORM it essentially kills the tune and you go to the stock mapping that ford has form ORM, which is more aggressive than stock, street mode, but still not up to SVC Tune standards. I do use ORM because I don't want my airbag going off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tinman44

Reaction score
Please disregard my initial post, I should have read a little more into it before posting, kinda freaked out.

Last edited:

marioec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@svc is there any after market Air intake that makes power with your tune ? Last time I checked when i got you tune the best choice was the stock air box with drop in k&n filter. I just don't want to throw money away if there is no gain. Any flow test on the Banks air intakes ?

Thanks,

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after runniing over 150 miles at TRR with the SVC tune, here's what I found:

1. Running in normal mode, the engine does great, holds gears pulls strong 1, 2 and 3.
2. Putting it in off road mode - basically makes it a 2.7 four cylinder. Truck felt like it was pulling a boat anchor. The truck was not drive-able in aggressive situations.
3. With ORM off, the ABS would kick on pretty soon and mess up braking into corners, with ORM on, the ABS was almost not there.

In conclusion, I do love the SVC tune, but I need to have the flexibility to use my ORM button so that I can remap ABS and airbags, while still keeping the tune performance.

this is a quandry.

Peter

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sure would be nice if we had a track option like Dodge does for their high performance vehicles.

ORM never did anything for me stock NA or Supercharged.

Last edited:

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@svc have you guys been able to do any tuning with the SB CAI? I have had one on the truck for about 1,000 miles now and I don't feel like the engine is taking full advantage of the increase in airflow.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are building a new bumper for me and I know TRR swamped them. Awesome guys and will get to everything as soon as possible.