The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

If the dealer updates it when you have a tune loaded you might not be able to return to stock without SCT's help as the can update the code and then the SCT device will not match and that will cause it to error when you try to flash it. They sell ODBII covers that say do not flash. Or if you have the iTSX it stays plugged in so they would have to remove it to flash it

I always have the iTSX device unplugged. I only plug it in when I have tune related things to do. And I make a second look just to make sure its removed when going to a dealer. They see that, then they don't even have to check if you installed a tune. I would rather have them have to make an attempt to find out on their own.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

RDFTS,

Since it's kind of on topic with your last post...how long does it take to load a tune or revert back to stock?

I am planning of the SVC Tune when I get home...just wondering how long of a process it is?

Thanks.

Like I said, I've done them when filling up for gas. That is switching between tunes for different grades of gas. So from stock, considering the backup of the stock tune, I am guessing 15 minutes. I never actually timed it.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, the mpg on the performance tunes are better than my untuned mpgs since my wife has been driving it for the past 6 weeks or so. I notice when I ride with her it is reading 10.3 consistently. Guess, I will have to breakdown and get one unless someone can talk me out of it.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Geez, the mpg on the performance tunes are better than my untuned mpgs since my wife has been driving it for the past 6 weeks or so. I notice when I ride with her it is reading 10.3 consistently. Guess, I will have to breakdown and get one unless someone can talk me out of it.

We do have a sale going on right now for dirt cheap decmeber deals!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We do have a sale going on right now for dirt cheap decmeber deals!

Hi... do you have your 3.0 version ready yet? Im really trying to decide if i want to go with a 91 tune or stay 87. I put a lot of miles on my truck so dailey costs are important. 91 prices have dropped a ton here so its getting much more appealing. Is there any mpg gain when going to a 91 tune?

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi... do you have your 3.0 version ready yet? Im really trying to decide if i want to go with a 91 tune or stay 87. I put a lot of miles on my truck so dailey costs are important. 91 prices have dropped a ton here so its getting much more appealing. Is there any mpg gain when going to a 91 tune?

It's one tune. To change octane you'll just need to adjust global spark when installing the tune. I'm waiting on the 3.0 as well...should be fun...

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

02_Lightning

Banned
Reaction score
This tune needs no adjustment for octane levels... It automatically compensates based on the gas you put in it. This is what sold me on this particular tuner company since nobody else did that for the raptor.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you adjust the global spark to -4 you can run any octane you want 87 or higher -2 is 89 or higher 0 is 91 up. If you run lower octane then the global spark setting for the set octane levels you will get engine knock and that is not good. So yes you can set it and forget it if global spark is set to -4 but to get the full potential of higher octane I am adjusting that global spark.

I have run a tank of each octane with the spark set at -4 and it runs well but I did not notice much difference with each octane. Now I am running 92 octane at the 0 spark setting and the truck has improved performance and just like the stock tune adjustes for each octane it just runs better. Smother idol and highway cruising at all octane levels. The performance difference is less noticeable with each spark and octane change because the rest of the tune remains the same at each setting but it is on par with my 5 Star 91 octane at the 0 spark setting, it is just smother less frantic.

This tune just meets my style better on a day to day and rally and run bases, I will let SVC coment on their feelings on technical and safety side of their tune.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

This tune needs no adjustment for octane levels... It automatically compensates based on the gas you put in it. This is what sold me on this particular tuner company since nobody else did that for the raptor.

Like others have said, this statement is not true. I have spoken with Jeff when I first got it. If you are running the default from SVC it is set at 0 spark which is 91 octane or higher. If you are running gas with lower octane then you need to adjust.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, this statement is not true. I have spoken with Jeff when I first got it. If you are running the default from SVC it is set at 0 spark which is 91 octane or higher. If you are running gas with lower octane then you need to adjust.

You are correct