The tales of Raptorstain

Do you want part 2

• YES

Votes: 51 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty cool story. I have to ask though, you went through some extraordinary feats to get a Raptor. Why is that? Most people would look at the costs and be turned off immediately. It’s not exactly a cheap truck in the States, and from what you said your shipping costs, labor costs, and parts cost are, it’s even worse in Peru.

Jedburgh

Reaction score
Well, brother, all I can say is that my heart goes out to you. While this isn't much doggone help, I'll note for you that I have managed, through my own bad youthful decisions, to destroy a number of cars. Each time (until I finally quit doing it!), I went through a period with all the classic stages until I arrived at acceptance. Of course, it makes no sense to drop $95k on something which cost $80k, and even if fixed, would have the Carfax From Hell which would forever put a brick on resale. Don't know if this is right for you, but what I did in each instance was to part the cars out and sell the shells for scrap metal. Anyway, wishing you the best in sorting it out.

OP
OP
Mylo2021

Mylo2021

Reaction score
Hello Guys a new update and will answer a few questions

This is a pretty cool story. I have to ask though, you went through some extraordinary feats to get a Raptor. Why is that? Most people would look at the costs and be turned off immediately. It’s not exactly a cheap truck in the States, and from what you said your shipping costs, labor costs, and parts cost are, it’s even worse in Peru.

To be honest I never though that this would happen to me in first place I bought the truck as my Weekend truck if anything had failed before It would be covered by the warranty. So maintenance was never a issue since I was not going to put more than 10k miles per year. The truck is too big for daily here, small parking lots, small roads but the desert is only 20 min away and most importantly it was dream truck.

So here is the new update. I bought the forscan OBD everything worked until I discovered that it was unuseful to program the key and the security system so I took it to the dealership finally after a tons of BS saying that they had to buy "specials codes" and 3 days after they were able to crank it and just for that they will charge me 1.2K. Now are telling me that they had to use an auxiliary fuel pump and the bill is increasing. I am seriously to do a some type of funding as I mention before maybe some king of raffle.

dgr810

Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked in previous posts but how did you lose with your insurance? I don’t know of any policy that would exclude flood/water damage under comp/collision. Perhaps the forms are different in sa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is the basic Raptor US MSRP $47k(no other versions are available) even that it cost $80k here
You truck is not 800A (basic Raptor ) I'm sure it is a 802A (the most expensive trim). The sunroof comes as an option on 802A only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong