The Raptor in it’s Natural Habitat…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Well duh! That's because your not spinning 'em fast enough to throw out the mud! :33:

(lol! no, don't try that unless your a valley girl)
I was in the Grand Canyon in December a few years back, snow and rain. The UT Red Dirt turned to GA Clay. I got about and looked, thought I had a flat, nope all 4 shoes filled with mud , Raptor was just floating on the Mud. I didn’t think I was going to make it out after it snowed some more on me that night. I was using the cattle guard to clean the mud from the tires..lol
Ive rolled with nothing but KM3’s since then :)

0B9F9163-8708-474B-A6C7-792F6733CCC4.jpegD1AA9AE0-27C0-4C51-8BD6-EA4821D95E09.jpeg6D3B01ED-0508-4367-AFA1-45ADA5423D28.jpegA55BEC53-BEBF-4F99-ACCF-C040F07C108C.jpeg094B9FF7-FF59-4814-91EC-CEA3DEFA328C.jpeg

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While on a road bike "walk-a-bout" a bunch of years back (early 90's), heading to Sinclair, Wy over what my map said was a "state route" that started as pavement, then gravel, then three ruts up on a plateau in the middle of nowhere. I was riding on the shoulder rather than one of the ruts with my fully loaded Magna V65. The shoulder looked very similar to your photo "2017-03-15 4x4 ENTERPRISE UT 2 159". A few miles into that chit and the front tire stopped steering. Next thing I know I am upside down in the ditch, gas running down my pants from the tank. Mind you I was only traveling at about 20 mph or less. I had to strip everything off of the Magna so that I could to get it light enough to flip it back over. Once over, with it at a idle in gear I was able to then walk it up the bank to the road. That done, put all my gear back on the bike and carefully ride the rest of the way to Sinclair to find a car wash. The entire right side of the Magna was packed in clay/mud. I was a mess and my gear was a mess. Wyoming, you owe me one! "State route", my ass! Come to find out. That nice smooth shoulder like you see in your photo was actually 1" of mud on top of ice and the mud was like Chocolate moose as the receding ice left it like a sponge. It was so gooie and slick it was hard to stand.