The proper use of a truck bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Bulletnjm wrote, "Im sorry i dont understand the point of coming onto a FRF vendors thread and bashing them on there product. This is a paying vendor, out of respect for that all negative comments should be left out. Why bash someone who supports our awesome forum? If the rack doesnt fit your needs move on"

Sir, I think that it's as useful to the vendors to get honest opinions about their products as it is for them to post them here. You may disagree with me on that score, and if you do I won't have the poor grace to tell you to "move on." I think that you're entitled to your opinion, just as I am.

So, please allow me to elaborate on my criticism. The rack in question has what looks like an incline bench press platform between the two tires - the thing with the holes in it. It seems to me that it prevents the user from making use of the space between the tires. If it has a practical function, my curiosity would enjoy learning of it. As others pointed out, this rack commands most of the space in the bed leaving very little room for unplanned circumstances. You are correct that it doesn't fit my needs, and from the looks of it only professional pre-runners would be able to put all of its features to use and not regret any loss of flexibility. (Professional racers wouldn't use it because the Raptor isn't a trophy truck.)

So, there you are: constructive criticism. It's what I should have done in the first place, and I thank you for bringing my oversight to light.

Peace.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is actually a locking over. the middle piece lifts up and you have storage under there. i really think it was well designed. i saw it in the raw form in april and in person, just looks like no other. while it may not be for everyone, i think everyone can appreciate the uniqueness of this piece.

and yes ruger, i think with a little work, it can double as an incline bench press. haha

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation, @nosbusa. My curiosity is happier now!
I wonder why it's inclined. If it was level, you could bungee stuff on top of it as well as underneath.

OP
OP
RaptorBri

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, its all good guys!! I just posted this up for fun. Yes, my truck is totally useless for hauling stuff like mentioned above but is super fantastic for Raptor Runs which I do plenty of and it seems I am continually prepping for :) The reason that center cover is angled is it follows the contour of the jerry can and 3 ton jack that sit below. Everything about this rack was designed around security so the that locking cover sits tight over top.

I did remove one of the spares and carry a bicycle in there the other day! :)

D

Deleted member 12951

Im sorry i dont understand the point of coming onto a FRF vendors thread and bashing them on there product. This is a paying vendor, out of respect for that all negative comments should be left out. Why bash someone who supports our awesome forum? If the rack doesnt fit your needs move on

He posted it in the general forum for exterior mods. That is fair game and open to comments from what I understand.

Now, if he posted this in his PAID vendor section, then yeah, bashing that vendor there would be way out of line unless they stated they wanted positive and negative feedback.

The comments though so far don't look too much as a bash though. If I didn't care much of losing the bed, this definitely would be a cool rack to have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc