The Gen 1 itch has returned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owned a Gen 1 for awhile, regretted getting rid of it shortly thereafter. It was a lower mileage (60k) 2014 special edition. I thought I wanted something newer with more tech and decided to trade it in on a car. Well the time came where I realized I needed a truck again a few years back and only was finding neglected Gen 1’s in my area so I thought I would give the Gen 2 a try so I picked up a 2017 and can’t say I have necessarily been disappointed, as it is superior in many respects. All that to say that there is just something about the Gen 1 that has me seriously debating trying to find one again and trading down(or up in my opinion). I wish I would have held onto the first one but like most people out there the allure of something new was a let down in the end. Of course pics of the one that got away and the current.

21174.jpeg15596.jpegIMG_8767.jpegIMG_0145.jpeg

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,I was taught,if you got an Itch...SCRATCH IT...!!
I also had a crazy idea once to get rid of my Gen1 Shelby for a newer version Raptor....but Ford getting rid of the SuperCab took care of that itch real fast....Long live the Gen 1 SC...!!
Good luck with your hunt...and itch...!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Gen 1 looks so much better! I have many times had the thought of selling my 2010 6.2 with 19,500 miles on the OD but the wife slaps me and say's "don't be a fool".
You have a very smart wife.!! Dont have that problem..my GF calls mine "the pretty truck" and knows id never sell..and OH the brownie points i get when i hand her the keys.. maybe once a year..

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Idk how you’d miss it if you don’t drive it View attachment 452454
Yeah, I should be ashamed of myself for not driving the hell out of my truck, for not doing 90 mph jumps for not tearing it up on ruff mountain roads for not putting 250,000 miles on it in a couple of years that I owned it. If I drove it like most who have unlimited resources to buy a new Raptor every other year that would be something else. Instead, I have a like new off the showroom floor 2010 SVT 6.2 Raptor with very low mileage. It has been garaged every night since I've owned it, I bought the truck with the intent to keep it for a very long time in great shape that I could enjoy. I have accomplished that and now I get to see other FRF members knock me for doing what I wanted with my Raptor.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Yeah, I should be ashamed of myself for not driving the hell out of my truck, for not doing 90 mph jumps for not tearing it up on ruff mountain roads for not putting 250,000 miles on it in a couple of years that I owned it. If I drove it like most who have unlimited resources to buy a new Raptor every other year that would be something else. Instead, I have a like new off the showroom floor 2010 SVT 6.2 Raptor with very low mileage. It has been garaged every night since I've owned it, I bought the truck with the intent to keep it for a very long time in great shape that I could enjoy. I have accomplished that and now I get to see other FRF members knock me for doing what I wanted with my Raptor.
I mean I didn’t say go and do all that. I can’t afford a new one every year but I understand it’s a truck and not a numbers matching Boss 429 but you do you boo-boo.