The ADM smackdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s nice when they are upfront. But - I had been contacted by a dealer last week, asked if I was ready to buy as they had 5 to choose from… I was upfront and said yes — I can pay cash or finance if you want some of that money back, but I was not willing to pay over MSRP. Asked him if they were selling at MSRP. He said yes, the only add on would be the $1495 dealer prep package (I figured that was kinda like a $1495 ADM)…. Ok - drive 1.5 hours - look at it, tell him to write it up ….. then the “Now I know I explained to you that we do charge a $25k ADM on all Raptors”….. Ford Sales! Maybe next time I could try an email - so at least the lies are in writing so there is some sort of record to go back to.
Would have been screaming at the top of my lungs into that guys face for a good while.

Doubledown

Reaction score
It’s nice when they are upfront. But - I had been contacted by a dealer last week, asked if I was ready to buy as they had 5 to choose from… I was upfront and said yes — I can pay cash or finance if you want some of that money back, but I was not willing to pay over MSRP. Asked him if they were selling at MSRP. He said yes, the only add on would be the $1495 dealer prep package (I figured that was kinda like a $1495 ADM)…. Ok - drive 1.5 hours - look at it, tell him to write it up ….. then the “Now I know I explained to you that we do charge a $25k ADM on all Raptors”….. Ford Sales! Maybe next time I could try an email - so at least the lies are in writing so there is some sort of record to go back to.
Unbelievable! I would have lost my mind!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Would have been screaming at the top of my lungs into that guys face for a good while.
Don’t be that guy. There are a substantial portion of the “sales manager” crew who get an almost perverse enjoyment out of spinning up people into a frenzy, just for the spectacle of it. Your antics are always being filmed in the stealership, so unless you like the idea of YouTube infamy, deal with these bab00ns smartly.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t be that guy. There are a substantial portion of the “sales manager” crew who get an almost perverse enjoyment out of spinning up people into a frenzy, just for the spectacle of it. Your antics are always being filmed in the stealership, so unless you like the idea of YouTube infamy, deal with these bab00ns smartly.
3 hour round trip lie? Yeah I'm that guy.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We all assume the role of “that guy” at some point, no question about it.