The 2024 37" Package Ripoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I find it easier to modulate the throttle in the R, it’s more linear. But if you stay in it all the way to the top, holy mother of god. Bottomless power it has, bottomless brakes it does not.

The 3.5 almost felt quicker at part throttle at around town speeds because it’s into the turbos so quickly, there little turbos and you’re at like full boost just past the stall speed of the torque converters. Harder to stay out of boost though. Between the 35, 37, and R, they’re honestly all amazing trucks and I’d take any of them to dd over anything else personally.
The low end v8 grunt seems like “oh yeah this is nice,” but as soon as you cross 4,000rpm clear up to redline it’s almost terrifying. It’s like an afterburner kicking in.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The low end v8 grunt seems like “oh yeah this is nice,” but as soon as you cross 4,000rpm clear up to redline it’s almost terrifying. It’s like an afterburner kicking in.
Yea it’s pretty intense and 7k is a pretty high redline in a truck. It still has the power delivery of the GT500 which is pretty wild, just skewed a bit towards lower end and more torque. The 5.2s and coyotes in general are rev happy v8s.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GT500 has got to be a frustrating car to drive. Can’t stomp on it at slow speeds …roast the tires…can’t stomp on it from a dig…roast tires…can’t stomp on it at 70 unless there is no one within a 1/2 mile in front of you….where are the cops? I kinda want one….

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the supercharger have a nice linear windup to the afterburner….or just smack you in the face? Lol

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the supercharger have a nice linear windup to the afterburner….or just smack you in the face? Lol
I’ve been pretty easy on my truck so far, so moderate pulls up the entrance ramp before I hammer it down. But so far it kicks in hard at about 3k rpm. Hits all at once and it doesn’t stop. It shifts almost like a dual clutch, you don’t even feel the shift it just keeps pulling and pulling.

It’s pretty wild

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been pretty easy on my truck so far, so moderate pulls up the entrance ramp before I hammer it down. But so far it kicks in hard at about 3k rpm. Hits all at once and it doesn’t stop. It shifts almost like a dual clutch, you don’t even feel the shift it just keeps pulling and pulling.

It’s pretty wild
I only ask because I’ve only driven extensively 2 supercharged vehicles…. A 380 hp Range Rover and a 600 hp trans am ws6. They both had very different characteristics. The rover felt like a 380 hp NA v8, very linear and smooth. The trans am at 4K rpm felt like
200.gif

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only ask because I’ve only driven extensively 2 supercharged vehicles…. A 380 hp Range Rover and a 600 hp trans am ws6. They both had very different characteristics. The rover felt like a 380 hp NA v8, very linear and smooth. The trans am at 4K rpm felt like
View attachment 453071
I haven’t driven a 5.0 Mustang in awhile and obviously haven’t driven an n/a cross plane 5.2, but the voodoo has a pretty similar power curve to the R but the R just makes a LOT more torque down low and mid range. My point is, I think the supercharger itself is pretty linear but the 32V DOHC coyote based v8s really just light up in the upper rpm’s.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t driven a 5.0 Mustang in awhile and obviously haven’t driven an n/a cross plane 5.2, but the voodoo has a pretty similar power curve to the R but the R just makes a LOT more torque down low and mid range. My point is, I think the supercharger itself is pretty linear but the 32V DOHC coyote based v8s really just light up in the upper rpm’s.
I’ve only ridden in a 350 voodoo at full chat once and yeah it was very linear and predicable feeling from the passenger seat. If the acceleration delivery is like that in the R thats a winner.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the resale value is 100% VIN and the 37PP is in the VIN so thats a good point and we'll see how the 37/35 packages pan out ultimately. I just wish the 37PP package had some actually performance upgrades such as gears, same travel numbers as 35 models, dare I say an extra 50HP. Some upgrades are fairly easy on these gen 3s, things like gears would be a major expense. Gears may not be actually needed, but at least its a deeper upgrade. The wrangler Rubicons are the more than skin deep changes I'm talking about. The rubicon is quite a bit more expensive than a sport or whatever but you get lockers, gears, sway bar disconnects, tires, more flex, lift, beefier axles and diffs, etc... Not that Im saying I want a front locker on the raptor, but you get the idea. Getting a 37pp for MSRP a year ago would have been an amazing deal.

I think what gets people fired up is, at full tuck 37s ,KO2s at least, don't rub and they do fit in the stock 35 spare tire area. That being said, If i wanted a bigger MT 37 or 38s and also wanted to put a slightly bigger tire in the spare tire location under the truck it would likely fit more easily on a 37 than a 35 truck.
Agreed on all points. Not gonna argue that i wish they did more but we could only imagine if they did a +50hp upgrade, that 37PP would be closer to 10-15k markup