The 2024 37" Package Ripoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Agswin

Reaction score
Well my disappointment and the reason for the post was mainly because of the seats issue and cost. Ford implies you get upgraded seats throughout, when in reality you get the 2 in front and they are the same ones from 2021-2023. Don't think there is much research or overhead in that. There is no Recaro option unless you pay $11k.

2021-2023 you had a option for BOTH cool looking Recaro's AND bead-lock wheels AND unique interior accents....and they were a total of $4200.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go look at aftermarket "comfort" recaro's. They can cost you upwards of $3k for each seat if you have electronics in them. There is research and overhead in anything Ford puts in a car. You have engineering, drawings, procedure files, work instructions, safety testing, etc you have to create. Any change on a line will have a % of cost associated with it. Its unavoidable. Ford isn't going to supply something to you at cost.

If I remember correctly 2021 was the only year you could buy the Recaro's as standalone. I know the 2023 made you buy the 37 package to get the recaro's. I think 2022 was the same. Could be wrong on 2022.

OP
OP
A

Agswin

Reaction score
Yes, you were right, there is all that, but that cost has already been factored in for 2021-2023 at $2395 option price. In 2024 they used the same seat, so there is no additional engineering involved, drawings, etc. Sounds like for 3 years their profitable price $2395 which included all of their overhead.

You can still build a 2023 Raptor on the Ford website, so adding the Blue Recaro option will force you to add the 17" Beadlock capable wheels at $1895, for a total of $4290. It does NOT require the 37" package, which is an additional $5250 but that includes the wheels so if you do blue accent and 37" instead, then the total is $8885 because it also forces you to add the partitioned storage and 2.0kw power.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Go look at aftermarket "comfort" recaro's. They can cost you upwards of $3k for each seat if you have electronics in them. There is research and overhead in anything Ford puts in a car. You have engineering, drawings, procedure files, work instructions, safety testing, etc you have to create. Any change on a line will have a % of cost associated with it. Its unavoidable. Ford isn't going to supply something to you at cost.

If I remember correctly 2021 was the only year you could buy the Recaro's as standalone. I know the 2023 made you buy the 37 package to get the recaro's. I think 2022 was the same. Could be wrong on 2022.

“They” can cost upward of 3k / seat but the stock Raptor Recaro’s are not that. They’re a recaro branded seat made by johnson controls. At BEST they cost 1 to 1.5k. The shocks are also not that much more expensive than the previous model. Now, here, I’ll bet the juice is worth more of the squeeze. That is to say, the 37pp shocks are likely a noticeable upgrade when you’re Raptoring with the truck and not starubucksing. However, these are not FRS, they’re Fox branded / supplied OEM shocks. Better than your run of the mill shocks that come on your run of the mill 4x4 by a country mile, but, not to the level of the Fox FRS. Just like bikes with the factory öhlins forks/shock. They’re noticeable more adjustable than your typical OEM, but about half the cost of the Öhlins race forks/shocks.

Honestly, the Recaros, c/f bits, and other included bits on the 37pp don’t add up to 11k in cost, they probably add up to about 3.5-4k cost and if I were a betting person I’d wager probably less than that.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you can see, the rear seats are nearly identical to the 35's. So, for the $11,400 premium you get 37" tires, different wheels, ONLY 2 Recaro front seats and different shocks (may be slightly better, may not be noticeable) and that is it. If you are like me and want different wheels and maybe tires, it becomes less appealing. I now see why Ford made the 35' wheels so hideous, to lure people to pay a hidden ADM.
To me it is not a scam since you don’t have to option it. You can easily find a35 Raptor. No one is forcing someone to get a37 package.

Subaruski

Reaction score
2024 35 and 37 receive the same graphics too unfortunately.

The front only Recaro seats sucks but I don't see anyone mentioning the modular front bumper which is a decent upgrade appearance wise.

Also the 37 package carbon interior trim is much nicer then the 35.

These two vids give a good comparison.

Don't forget about the cool 37 stickers too... Ford is smart playing on a lot of egos.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Porsche 911 is perhaps the most optioned vehicle out there.

I'm so glad I got the tailgate step without the often accompanying Moonroof on my Gen 2 SuperCrew

Last edited:

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the carbon interior package different for 2024? Ford carbon fiber looks very cheap , hopefully they improved it