That's it...I'm out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may not like how your TRX order pans out either.

It's funny because I have a TRX on order and have considered bailing and ordering a Raptor, LOL.
Well my buddy owns the dealership and am not worried about it. I have no pull with my Ford dealer.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bchurchill27 i feel your pain.
Been waiting for “my” raptor for months now.
Ordered a Tesla 3.5 weeks ago and got it less than two weeks later. Model 3 Performance blue with white interior. It murders my 911 in terms of acceleration and is strangely comfortable for a car with barely any tires on. Quality wise, all panel gaps are great, no weird gremlins, paint is overall very good besides a couple of orange peel on a couple panels but actually way better than any current BMW.
You’re going to love it. Enjoy

Last edited:

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned an 03 explorer, 05 mustang gt, 14 f150 supercab xlt 4x4, 16 mustang ecoboost, 17 mustang gt premium, 18 f150 raptor 802a, and a 2020 explorer platinum.
I will always admit I'm a ford fanboy (even a stock holder) and I'll probably only own fords for the rest of my life. We are in undesirable conditions for the automotive market. (High demands, chip shortage, human intervention)

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after waiting for almost 6 months and dealing with absolutely zero communication and constant phantom timeline shifts, I've had enough!

I've owned 7 Ford trucks/SUVs and always felt a bit like a fan boy, however, this experience is just totally unexceptable. I can continue to make excuses like COVID delays, global chip shortages, and the scale/scope of Ford's distribution model. However, the reality is, I put down a deposit in June and committed to paying $80k+ for a truck that Ford can't/won't deliver.

I've been as patient as I can be, but the hard reality is, I don't want to take delivery of a truck that is a model year old the day I drive it off the lot. I don't want to deal with a company that CHOOSES to keep it's customers in the dark on order status and impact of production delays. I also have serious concerns for a company that continues to embrace an outdated dealer centric order/distribution model that fails to do what it was designed to do, protect and put the customer first! Crazy ADMs, orders with no allocation, canceled orders with no explanation, and yet Ford refuses to take accountability or hold their dealers accountable.

I'm canceling my order and purchasing a Tesla, who at least seems to have figured out how to meet customer demand, continue driving innovation, and disrupt the broken legacy car purchasing model. For those interested, I placed an order today for a new Model 3 Performance with an estimated delivery date in 3-6 WEEKS.

I wish all of you the best, the Raptor is an amazing truck and I really wish this would have worked out. I've just lost all conference/trust in the company that produces it.

Note sure why everyone is hating on Tesla, but before I bought my 2019 raptor, my second top choice was a tesla model S or X. I ended up with the raptor because the Tesla was a bit more expensive. Despite what all the haters say, Tesla is a good car with brilliant technology, and its way faster and more advanced than anything ford will ever make. When when Ford’s electric F150 comes out, it will be trounced by the cyber truck. No matter how many other companies (including Ford) jump into the EV space, Tesla will always be the gold standard.

Not to mention, I’ve made a **** ton of money on Tesla’s stock in the last few months.

So to recap, there is nothing wrong with your decision. Get your Tesla and when brandon leaves office and the economy recovers, you can get your 2024 Raptor.

slongmore

Reaction score
I feel your pain also. The communication problem with Ford is horrible. Not just problems with the Raptors, my brother has been through the same horror story with his Bronco.
I traded my Raptor Gen 2 on a TREX and plan on evaluating the Raptor again in 2023 or 2024. In the meantime I've having fun with HP. No regrets after 2800 miles.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I live in Chicago and work downtown. I have no idea if the Raptor can even fit in the tight parking garages, but I want a RAPTOR damn it! That, and the Raptor can handle the bomb-crater potholes of the city.. Will probably use the truck bed for the yearly trips to Lowes or Home Depot..
I’m Chicago based (Hinsdale) and gen 2 fits in downtown garages. It’s tight but it works. Gen 3 is close to same dimension you will be fine!

RxtotheLx

Reaction score
Haha..cant wait??? go get a 1st or 2nd gen...there better anyways...too much ugly in the latest version. ...."polished tailights"....they were made to be used..I bet I have one of the worst brush and limb scratched raptors on this forum. Any good polishers out there?

..scratches says your crazy, zero water spots says not lazy.