That's it...I'm out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just ordered a TRX level 2 and got it for $1500 less than my Raptor order. I have a Raptor sitting in a parking lot since 9/29 with no answer on when it might be here beside "Maybe December". Keeping whichever one gets here first. Completely done with this game.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a Raptor and Tesla M3P. I am lucky enough to have a local Tesla dealership which not every city does but service has been top notch. I also happen to be in the same city with one of the worst Ford dealerships. It was recently purchased by a well know dealership so hopefully it turns around but Tesla's service is by far better here. I had a small paint issue fixed on my MP3 and was amazed by how you schedule service with Tesla. Take pics, upload to the app, show up and a loaner is waiting. Almost no back and forth with an adviser. He did come out to check out my wheels but that was about it.

Sadly a dealership can change you're whole outlook on a vehicle. I'm hoping my local Ford dealer gets better because I really like the linked GEN3 but will not deal with the service they used to provide.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Granted OP was a little dramatic with their post (ordered my Gen3 6/17 and still waiting), but a lot of you are just being haters, were not in a cult....
The hating on the Prius is all in fun. But Tesla? Batteries are not ready for prime time. And the Model 3? Not the Model S? WTF? Going from a luxury truck to a low-end POS small sedan? Something smells funny about that.

DyLivn

Reaction score
Well I just ordered a TRX level 2 and got it for $1500 less than my Raptor order. I have a Raptor sitting in a parking lot since 9/29 with no answer on when it might be here beside "Maybe December". Keeping whichever one gets here first. Completely done with this game.
You may not like how your TRX order pans out either.

It's funny because I have a TRX on order and have considered bailing and ordering a Raptor, LOL.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be disappointed with the size of the Model 3. My wife has a Model S and it’s small for 3.5 of us - and taking the dogs? No way. The Model X is what I’d get if I were getting another.

As for what others have said about warranty issues - I don’t know about that. I do know that to have a service appointment for anything, be prepared to wait at least 6 weeks. They canceled our first appointment for no reason without telling us and moved it to the end of November. The driver seat won’t move back and my wife barely fits in it (pregnant) and I don’t (6’3”). It is a pretty hassle free car.

BRRRAPTOR 23

Reaction score
Yeah, we aren't buying a light duty pickup with worst in class towing and payload as work vehicles.... I had a JLUR with 37s and wheeled the **** out of it, but I got sick of using a trailer to haul everything around, and want a larger interior for my kids. Plus getting the most bad*** truck ever made is a plus lol
Yeah, I live in Chicago and work downtown. I have no idea if the Raptor can even fit in the tight parking garages, but I want a RAPTOR damn it! That, and the Raptor can handle the bomb-crater potholes of the city.. Will probably use the truck bed for the yearly trips to Lowes or Home Depot..

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be disappointed with the size of the Model 3. My wife has a Model S and it’s small for 3.5 of us - and taking the dogs? No way. The Model X is what I’d get if I were getting another.

As for what others have said about warranty issues - I don’t know about that. I do know that to have a service appointment for anything, be prepared to wait at least 6 weeks. They canceled our first appointment for no reason without telling us and moved it to the end of November. The driver seat won’t move back and my wife barely fits in it (pregnant) and I don’t (6’3”). It is a pretty hassle free car.
We've been pretty lucky with our Model 3. But you are absolutely right, once we need more room, its Model X or G Wagon or something for her. 1-2 kids is absolutely maxed out on the Model 3.