Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not try the cruise control... I'm of the mentality to drive it, and pay attention...

I feel the same way about normal cruise control. But I tried the adaptive cruise control on the way back from a 2.5 hour road trip and fell in love with it. If anything, I feel like it helps me pay MORE attention to to what's happening on the road ahead of me. There's less to think about so I end up just focusing on steering and checking what's going on further down the road. Also, after the road trip, I felt relaxed instead of all tense like I normally feel after a road trip. It also keeps me from speeding too much. I've already gotten one speeding ticket since buying this truck and I haven't even had it for 2 weeks.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about normal cruise control. But I tried the adaptive cruise control on the way back from a 2.5 hour road trip and fell in love with it. If anything, I feel like it helps me pay MORE attention to to what's happening on the road ahead of me. There's less to think about so I end up just focusing on steering and checking what's going on further down the road. Also, after the road trip, I felt relaxed instead of all tense like I normally feel after a road trip. It also keeps me from speeding too much. I've already gotten one speeding ticket since buying this truck and I haven't even had it for 2 weeks.

I completely agree. ACC is the main reason I got the tech package. I used it extensively for the 1500 mile drive home from the dealership, and I'm sure I'll use it again on my 2000+ mile drive to WA and back in a few days. It works really well and greatly reduces fatigue and frustration on long cross country drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DXB-Stu

Reaction score
I drove a Ford Everest with the tech package when I was on vacation in NZ a few months ago. I agree with others here. I hated the lane assist as it would try to steer me back to the other side of the road on an open twisty two lane back road while I was taking the open and visible safe racing line. At first I didn't even know what was happening. Thought that it might have been a bad case of tram-lining on the camber of the roads.
The hazard warning noise, lights etc just kept freaking me out. I was like having a very nervous passenger scream at you anytime they spotted something. I would like the adaptive cruise control however as we have long 12-16 lane highways here with fast moving close up traffic. Would be interesting to see or hear from UAE owners with it whether the minimum distance setting is close enough for normal highway driving here.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a Ford Everest with the tech package when I was on vacation in NZ a few months ago. I agree with others here. I hated the lane assist as it would try to steer me back to the other side of the road on an open twisty two lane back road while I was taking the open and visible safe racing line. At first I didn't even know what was happening. Thought that it might have been a bad case of tram-lining on the camber of the roads.
The hazard warning noise, lights etc just kept freaking me out. I was like having a very nervous passenger scream at you anytime they spotted something. I would like the adaptive cruise control however as we have long 12-16 lane highways here with fast moving close up traffic. Would be interesting to see or hear from UAE owners with it whether the minimum distance setting is close enough for normal highway driving here.

So this isn't how the Raptor is. First off, the Lane Assist allows you to have just the alert (steering wheel vibrates) when you go out of the lane if you want and not have to automatically bring you back. I kinda like it because it's teaching me to get used to the size of this thing since this is my first truck. The alert intensity is also customizable so you can vary how much the wheel vibrates.

Second, the collision detection isn't invasive. I have it set to high senstirivity and it very rarely goes off when it shouldn't. If you find that it's goes off on the low sensitivity often you are probably a terrible driver.

Third, the ACC is really the best thing by far. It alone is worth the $2k. You can turn everything else off that comes with the tech package and just use this for long trips. It's not as much for driving through rush hour IMO as the closest following distance is still a car length and change, but for highway cruising it's unbeatable.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The camera alone makes it worth it to me as these trucks are a total PIA to park!

CZECHSIX

Reaction score
have it on my explorer limited and ordered with my raptor, its a must have if you take trips, you set it and forget it , most helpful when you have someone in front of you that can't make his/her mind up on how fast to go, you set the speed and the distance you want to be behind them , and done , relax your feet, no more gas,brake,gas,brake,gas anymore, let the truck do it.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't that come with the 802 package?

Ah yea... forgot about that. The tech package is "nice to have" but for this level of truck, I'd go all out... you won't regret spending the extra $ unless you plan on using that money for mods, etc.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah yea... forgot about that. The tech package is "nice to have" but for this level of truck, I'd go all out... you won't regret spending the extra $ unless you plan on using that money for mods, etc.

Oh I totally agree the tech package is worth it, I got it myself. I just wanted to clarify for others that they don't need to get the tech package in order to get the camera.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see distance controlled out to 10 seconds. It crowds you too close unless you are playing car wars. On a rural road at 55 it would be nice to be backed off far enough to look around a bit