Technology Package - Is It Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray Bones

Reaction score
I’m still hunting for a 2019 white Raptor with the 802a pack and the carbon fiber trim, no sunroof, rear seat heater preferred, but not necessary, same with the spray in bed liner, I can always get that done myself. I’m on the fence on the Tech Package, is it worth it? I live in SoCal, I don’t need wiper heaters, or rain sensing wipers, the active cruise works fine until it doesn’t and you find out real quick when it doesn’t. I guess I just answered my own question.

Anything I missed?

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rain Sensing Wipers - a feature found on higher end vehicles, but not something I would have paid for individually.
Heater Wipers - might come in handy at some point, but not something I would have paid for individually.
Auto High Beams - again, a feature typically found in higher end vehicles, but not something I would have paid for individually.
Active Cruise - is awesome, controls speed and breaking... and you can chose the distance you want to keep. A must for any new vehicle.
Lane Keep Assist - again, a feature found in higher end vehicles. You can choose just warning, or let it keep you inside the lane. A must for any new vehicle.

So for $1700, its a bit rich for the two options I must have. I would have preferred to select them individually... like the heated rear seats. But "packages" are a way to increase sale price significantly.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still hunting for a 2019 white Raptor with the 802a pack and the carbon fiber trim, no sunroof, rear seat heater preferred, but not necessary, same with the spray in bed liner, I can always get that done myself. I’m on the fence on the Tech Package, is it worth it? I live in SoCal, I don’t need wiper heaters, or rain sensing wipers, the active cruise works fine until it doesn’t and you find out real quick when it doesn’t. I guess I just answered my own question.

Anything I missed?
I passed on it. I had it on my 17 Explorer Platinum and never used cruise. The wipers never seem to come on soon enough or wipe often enough when it rains. The lane keeping feature is not bad on the highway, but can get annoying fast around town since the lanes tend to be narrower and it keeps nudging you back and forth. For the one feature I actually used, it wasn't worth it.

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tech package.
• Lane-Keeping System - I turned this off
• Lane Departure Warning - I turned this off
• Auto High Beam - I leave this one, works well most of the time.
• Rain-Sensing Wipers - works I guess.
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go - I turned this off and use normal cruise control. I'm an aggressive driver and drive faster than most. It sucks for me.
• Windshield Wiper De-Icer - Not sure what the hell this is.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $0.02: The adaptive cruise control alone is worth it if you put in a lot of highway miles. Having to only steer while hauling the family across the state all summer is going to make the trip much less annoying.

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $0.02: The adaptive cruise control alone is worth it if you put in a lot of highway miles. Having to only steer while hauling the family across the state all summer is going to make the trip much less annoying.
It's interesting the differing opinions on the adaptive cruise. I drive 40k miles per year and hate it. I hate rock chips and cracked windshields so I had distance to vehicle in front of me set to max. In doing so, people were constantly merging in between. It's hard to be aggressive when the distance is so great.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's interesting the differing opinions on the adaptive cruise. I drive 40k miles per year and hate it. I hate rock chips and cracked windshields so I had distance to vehicle in front of me set to max. In doing so, people were constantly merging in between. It's hard to be aggressive when the distance is so great.

ACC is definitely a personal preference. On my wife's Explorer, I would set it to the nearest setting, which was generally close enough to prevent normal people from merging between, but wasn't too close to get a windshield full of gravel.

The way I look at it, there are always going to be a**holes on the road that will merge into a gap that's big enough for their car plus two feet, then flip you off for honking. There's nothing you can do to prevent it, whether you're using ACC or not.

But I like the ACC (after an initial getting-used-to-it period) because I'm not constantly disengaging and re-engaging CC. I won't be the guy who just rides in the left lane, and you always need to adjust your speed in the right lane. This makes driving much less annoying on long stretches of highway.

But to each their own.

BigLogDogg

Reaction score
I have it and love it. I use both lane keeping and adaptive cruise control turned on 95% of the time I’m driving. Works great in my experience. The only downside is driving a car without adaptive cruise control after you get used to having it.

CTSAPAC

Reaction score
I enjoy the tech package on my loaded 2019 SCREW. I use ACC all the time but do a lot of interstate driving. Works well for maximizing gas mileage as well. I also feel like for most new Raptor owners the cost isn’t our number one concern or wouldn’t be buying 75k+ trucks, I’m hoping a loaded truck will likely help resale in the future, but then again I’ve never bought a vehicle as an “investment.” It’s just hella fun! (Post alimony gift to myself) [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think it’s worth it. What if you travel outside the country, and visit America? :) you might actually have a use for rain sensing wipers.

I just had the first truck alert “sensor obstructed; adaptive cruise control disabled”. It’s a big honking dash alert that is very difficult to miss or ignore. The bumper was covered with freezing rain. cleared it and it was back to normal - I wasn’t using cruise control at the time, nor did I even have cruise turned on, the truck just let me know.

Expensive, but worth it.