Talked myself into a Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaiseam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, found a pretty good deal (given the times were in) on a 2014 with 58k miles and only 1 previous owner. I have driven plenty of trucks, but have never owned one and I couldn't be happier.

The truck is 100% bone stock, no rust, and doesn't look to have ever been modified. I still have a gen 3 on order, but with the price of this plus some serious suspension mods (someone please talk me out of this), I'll still have money left over.

First things on the to-do list:
- Amber mirror delete
- Short Antenna (on the drive home the long antenna was driving me nuts in my field of vision)
- Lights and 50w radio (want to go on some raptor runs ASAP)

Attachments

• IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1947.jpg
    IMG_1947.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welp, found a pretty good deal (given the times were in) on a 2014 with 58k miles and only 1 previous owner. I have driven plenty of trucks, but have never owned one and I couldn't be happier.

The truck is 100% bone stock, no rust, and doesn't look to have ever been modified. I still have a gen 3 on order, but with the price of this plus some serious suspension mods (someone please talk me out of this), I'll still have money left over.

First things on the to-do list:
- Amber mirror delete
- Short Antenna (on the drive home the long antenna was driving me nuts in my field of vision)
- Lights and 50w radio (want to go on some raptor runs ASAP)
I say “give in to the dark side” or “give in to your feelings” or whatever the emperor says to Luke in return of the Jedi.

Why I am saying is get to modding. I will not be taking part in talking you out of anything.

OP
OP
blaiseam

blaiseam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on a beautiful Gen 1. Get the front shocks set to mid perch, maybe some deavers (+2 or 3) for the rear and a bump stop kit.
Keep us posted on your outings with it and lots of pics!

@MurderedOutSVT did you see how clean his engine is?

Planning on a mild/moderate overland trail outside of town here next weekend to "diagnose" where I think the truck needs to most help. I'm sure I'll fall in line with the more experienced raptor owners here pretty quickly haha.

These RPG rear suspension kits look pretty damn sweet....