Sync3 Presets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zmw

Reaction score
mode button cycles from SXM1 - 3 on the steering wheel controls. But then it goes into the OTHER sources which I never use.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know there's a left AND a right button right? You don't need to just keep clicking one direction and go through all 18 every time.

So you are suggesting it's convenient to go from 1 to 6 using the right button, then click all the way back six times to get to 1? That is a PITA and I much prefer it cycling from 6 back to 1.

My point is you said it was a stupid design because it doesn't do exactly what you want. I think it works perfectly. They can't make everyone happy. If it was setup the way you want it, people like me would complain.

BigDeaner

Reaction score
This is the ONE area my silverado beats my raptor... I could program as many presets as I wanted from any source I wanted in any order. Perfect system IMHO.

There isn't a forscan work around?

MacRaptor

Reaction score
tune to sat 1 by voice
cycle via steering wheel
tune to sat 2 by voice
cycle channels by steering wheel
etc.

Does that work? When I try to get it to go to the second bank of presets it just tunes to XM station 2 or 3 it doesn't actually switch to the next bank of presets.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the ONE area my silverado beats my raptor... I could program as many presets as I wanted from any source I wanted in any order. Perfect system IMHO.

There isn't a forscan work around?

My STI would allow the same thing.

I want the first set of presets to have radio and XM options, not have to cycle to the Sirius source, and then it's own set of presets.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does that work? When I try to get it to go to the second bank of presets it just tunes to XM station 2 or 3 it doesn't actually switch to the next bank of presets.

My limited testing to date suggests no, it doesn’t. I printed a couple of manual pages once and took it into the truck to get it to behave as the manual suggests it’s supposed to. It wouldn’t. The manual appears to be wrong on this.

I would like to be wrong about the manual being wrong, but I did what the manual said and it doesn’t do what the manual says.