Sync 3.4 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys worry about having the latest version available of Sync? My truck was just built early this year, but the Ford site says there is a newer version of Sync for it. I just don't want to update it and cause problems where there are none. Thanks.
3.4 seems to run a whole lot faster (less lag compared to sometimes when I'd push a button or touch the screen on 3.3). The color scheme is kinda cool too (I changed mine to one of the night time displays full time). It's not that I was "worried" about having the latest version, but I am glad that I updated!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Why update? Seems there really isnt any cooler features on the 3.4 version compared to the 3.0 or did I miss something?

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why update? Seems there really isnt any cooler features on the 3.4 version compared to the 3.0 or did I miss something?

Did you watch the post with the video regarding differences between the two yet? It may be a page or two back and might help you decide. It’s probably more cosmetic than anything, but it added a few small changes. Whether the update helps with your phone, we don’t know. But it may. 3.3 for me was stable. Still need to see if it updates the maps. I haven’t compared it to my previous version.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3.4 seems to run a whole lot faster (less lag compared to sometimes when I'd push a button or touch the screen on 3.3). The color scheme is kinda cool too (I changed mine to one of the night time displays full time). It's not that I was "worried" about having the latest version, but I am glad that I updated!

Thanks. If I'm reading Ford's site correctly, I have 3.4 but there is an updated version. Mine looks like the version the guy has in the video. I guess I'll update it and see if there's any difference.
A software update is available. Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.20136

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. If I'm reading Ford's site correctly, I have 3.4 but there is an updated version. Mine looks like the version the guy has in the video. I guess I'll update it and see if there's any difference.
A software update is available. Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.20136

Yeah this is the latest. Your ‘20 is earlier than this?

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score

My 3.3 was updated to the 3.4 version last night. Was set to automatically update when one was available. I don’t like the daytime color scheme. How do you set it to a night time display full time.

evan9r

Reaction score
Has anyone with a '17 been able to update to 3.3 or 3.4? I cant get mine to work no matter what I try. All I am really interested in the new maps. I wish I could just update my 3.0 with maps for free but they want $150.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t like the daytime color scheme. How do you set it to a night time display full time.
Yep, I didn't like the Day mode colors either, and was really happy when I figured out you could just put it in Night mode all the time.
  1. Click 'Settings'
  2. Scroll to page 2
  3. Click 'Display'
  4. Click 'Mode' and change the value to 'Night'
You can also change the background display colors/pattern by clicking 'Background' in the Display settings screen (after step 3).