Sync 3.4 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't realize upgrade himself !
night mode is great and you can change the background!

zigrap

Reaction score
He must mean I did my first post. Also updated nav files but as far as I can tell the map version is still 2.20.

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I logged into Ford.com and ran my 2018 VIN. I was showing SYNC Version 3.0.19205. I had an available update for SYNC Version 3.0.20204 in which I downloaded to a USB jump drive and installed into the truck. I attempted to update Ford with the new SYNC version that’s installed, but it’s been over a week and the Ford site still hasn’t updated. Why am I telling you all this? Because I can’t find any real reason as to why the update hasn’t shown up in the Ford site. Why in this day and age, are we relying on “someone at Ford” to update customer/owner vehicle information? How can this NOT be automated and immediate? So I decided to go the CyanLabs avenue. Today I went from SYNC Version 3.0.20204 and map version NA 1 15 to SYNC Version 3.4.23188 and map version NA 2 22. The install went flawlessly. All I had to do was pair my phone again. Just as others have stated, it seems quicker to respond to inputs/commands. The Apple CarPlay seems quicker as well. I like the background color change options as well as the siriusXM station labels that are now present on the screen. The entire platform is of course updated and enhanced, all for the better.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 28

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I logged into Ford.com and ran my 2018 VIN. I was showing SYNC Version 3.0.19205. I had an available update for SYNC Version 3.0.20204 in which I downloaded to a USB jump drive and installed into the truck. I attempted to update Ford with the new SYNC version that’s installed, but it’s been over a week and the Ford site still hasn’t updated. Why am I telling you all this? Because I can’t find any real reason as to why the update hasn’t shown up in the Ford site. Why in this day and age, are we relying on “someone at Ford” to update customer/owner vehicle information? How can this NOT be automated and immediate? So I decided to go the CyanLabs avenue. Today I went from SYNC Version 3.0.20204 and map version NA 1 15 to SYNC Version 3.4.23188 and map version NA 2 22. The install went flawlessly. All I had to do was pair my phone again. Just as others have stated, it seems quicker to respond to inputs/commands. The Apple CarPlay seems quicker as well. I like the background color change options as well as the siriusXM station labels that are now present on the screen. The entire platform is of course updated and enhanced, all for the better.

Do you happen to still have the update on a thumb drive?
If you use waze, is it possible to actually dim the display at night? I run my current version (3.0.20204) in dark mode all the time but waze is still so bright its hard to use at night, even at lowest dimmer setting.

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe I still have the update on a drive but I also saved the original files in a folder on my laptop.

I don’t drive the truck that often and I also don’t have a phone mount that I’ve found that I actually want to own (I’m open to suggestions) therefore I don’t use CarPlay that much. After I did the update, I did see that Waze was there, but I didn’t play around with it. I’ll check it out for the dark screen dimming capabilities as soon as I’m able to, as the truck is covered in that melted snow that’s turned to ice!

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just updated my 18 from 3.0.19205 to 3.0.20204 as well. It seems like the last time I updated and sent info back to Ford I kept checking to see if there were anymore updates and
it kept showing the old software version. I just happened on this thread today and went to Ford and it showed correctly so I updated to 3.0.20204.

openspaces

Reaction score
Just updated my 2020 to sync 3.4 23188. Installed fine but the online instructions did seem to not match what happened. There was a shutoff/key cycle required to “continue with part 2”

after that it downloaded some more and stated installation complete. I did have to reconnect Bluetooth. took around 10minutes

Biggest pain is the Ford sync site is really slow and the option to verify/upload the update did not seem to work.