Swapped Running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed in the Gen 2 forum they were discussing the running boards being possibly installed on the wrong side at the factory. My dad has a Gen 2 so I asked him to snap a picture then I also went outside and took a look at mine. Sure enough it seems like the running boards are on the wrong side on his Gen 2 and my Gen 3. Has anyone with a Gen 3 swapped the drivers to passenger and passenger to drivers side so that the chamfer and raptor logo are up front? It seems like the holes would line up with under the door, the person entering the rear would have more of a step to use while getting in and it would follow the curves of the vehicle much better too. If you made the swap post a picture and let us know what you think. The pic below is how it came from the factory.

Attachments

• 3EE7A383-8BF6-45C3-A8C4-88AC66306B4E.jpeg
    3EE7A383-8BF6-45C3-A8C4-88AC66306B4E.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 279
OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a whole thread on this already
Yea it was in the Gen 2 forum but I wanted to see if it was the same for Gen 3. If anyone has a picture I’d like to see that also. It’s funny because I never would have saw that but I was accidentally in the Gen 2 forum. Just stumbled upon it.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have my truck wrapped nor do I have mud flaps so the one thing saving my doors from rock Armageddon is how the side steps come from factory. The thicker portion up front helps with side spray especially if you have 0+ offset wheels. Keeping mine as is.