SW Lightning vs SW Duals - I'd like your opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone should fab up a exhaust skid system. If anyone does make one, I want the credit for the idea.

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Huck said the "Y" pipe weld broke then exhaust went flying!! I had it welded up for this exact reason of the exhaust flying off doing donuts in the backyard... Didn't expect a SW weld to break I found the exhaust 5 ft off the trail thought I totally lost it... Love the system hope something get worked out!

zebt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see lighting being a a problem in off road specially when paired with the headers, it mounts perfect, I run it, haven't had any problems. I have seen lighting exhaust paired with stock exhaust and it holds on to the stock exhaust as a single pipe, so easy for it to vibrate off.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I retract my post lol. Lost my lightning style last night. Wasn't even hitting it hard when it fell off! It broke before the spot we welded it on. It ripped off on the thin part the two pieces of pipe. The rubber hanger didnt even rip, the exhaust ripped right there to instead lol.Just got the damn exhaust this year. Loved the sound of it!
umuze7y9.jpg
hugu7uby.jpg
y9u4a2yg.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I retract my post lol. Lost my lightning style last night. Wasn't even hitting it hard when it fell off! It broke before the spot we welded it on. It ripped off on the thin part the two pieces of pipe. The rubber hanger didnt even rip, the exhaust ripped right there to instead lol.Just got the damn exhaust this year. Loved the sound of it!
umuze7y9.jpg
hugu7uby.jpg
y9u4a2yg.jpg

That's where struebigs let go at havoc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's where struebigs let go at havoc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Very thin metal right there for it to rip off so easily. Kinda weird design of the two coming into the single so quick making it a weak point.

Last edited:

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just FYI, we are looking at this thread and working with our engineering team to see if we can come up with a solution to make the components stronger. We do appreciate the fact some of you are using the Raptor as intended and we would like to improve the design of the factory connect lightning style exhaust for the true heavy hitters out there. At this point we are looking at a reinforcing component to make the "Y" stronger.

We will keep you informed as to what we come up as solution to prevent this from happening again.

Paul G.
Stainless Works

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Paul its good to see you guys listening to the consumer and wanting to improve your product. You might also want to look into possibly making a hanger near the frame that can be bolted on near where the tips exit. I am adding that to my setup.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Please make an extra bolt-on hanger. I'd like to order this for my own Christmas present but I'd like it to be perfected before I order the system.

colorado raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well crap, I've had the lightning style for 3 months now with no issues. No rubbing or anything installed by me. This thread now has me wondering if my ***** gonna fall off the bottom of the truck. I run pretty hard sometimes.

For the guys that are having issues is there anything sw is going to offer? Maybe a big discount on the new improved style?