Supercharging with 55k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have traction bars and it's fine. I also have upgraded to full exhaust, a larger heat exchanger, throttle body, and 69mm pulley. The truck moves.

I'll admit I'm not trying to drag race on pavement though - a full launch from a stop is kinda ugly. If you are, the bars are probably needed, but other than that, mine is fine even under pretty hard acceleration.

Agreed....Traction Bars would be at the end of a very long list for me....but it is a fun idea if your planning on doing any "Street/Strip Racing".

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
55k isn't a concern here. We've got a customer or 2 with over 200k now on their Whipple Raptors.

Proper fluid changes and routine maintenance are all we ask.
When axle hop shows itself address accordingly with deavers or stifflers.
Billet oil pump gears are good insurance.
If you do headers, be very careful of the oil dipstick tube when removing if the truck shows signs of corrosion.

I used to like the Roush blower more due to the 72mm pulley spinning the rotors hard for a snappier feel, but the Gen 4 rotor group being added to the 2.9 makes both about the same down low and in response, and the Whipple just runs away up in higher RPM in power production.

Last edited:

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll be fine, outside of installing cooler plugs. As long as you didn't forget to change the oil for 25k miles and you put in vegetable oil to save money. lol

Different engines but my father boosted an excursion with 100k miles on it and an expedition with 90k miles on it. Both are over 240k miles and run just fine.

The 6.2L is a stout engine.

I did the oil pump gear when I boosted mine at 34k miles. Just for peace of mind

bsimms89

Reaction score
55k isn't a concern here. We've got a customer or 2 with over 200k now on their Whipple Raptors.

Proper fluid changes and routine maintenance are all we ask.
When axle hop shows itself address accordingly with deavers or stifflers.
Billet oil pump gears are good insurance.
If you do headers, be very careful of the oil dipstick tube when removing if the truck shows signs of corrosion.

I used to like the Roush blower more due to the 72mm pulley spinning the rotors hard for a snappier feel, but the Gen 4 rotor group being added to the 2.9 makes both about the same down low and in response, and the Whipple just runs away up in higher RPM in power production.

What he said, I did their 700+ whipple kit with headers and installed the oil pump gear at the same time when my truck was at 60K miles, now at almost 70K and all is great. Removing the oil dipstick tube was a pita, it was seized inthere good and wouldn't budge, tried PB blaster, has another person try wiggling the top while I did the bottom with vice grips, the only was i was able to get it out was to heat is with a propane plumbers torch until it was good and hot and it eventually started to wiggle free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc