Sunroof Track Exploded?...Time to repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlrmade

Reaction score
So when i was closing my sunroof about 2 weeks about it sounded like a plastic explosion on front drivers side but it still closed. I have left it closed since then and done a lot of reading and watching youtube repair videos.

I have since ordered this from Amazon.

Before I dive into the repair this weekend, is there anything else I should purchase or get ready? Thanks in advance, and yes i did "lube" the seals about 3-4 months ago.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those seem awfully inexpensive - the ones I got were like $150 for the pair... not saying these might not work, but I'd be wary of them breaking again at that price point...

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to my 2018 roughly six weeks ago. My truck still had a Blue Advantage warranty. Unfortunately the service department was booked out for quite some time, so I’m not getting it fixed until 11/28, at a minimum.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had mine fixed under warranty and when i signed to pick it up the parts and labor were over 900. So ive already recovered half of my flood ford extended expense. It binds a lot less now so I assume they are set with too much tension from factory. As far as lubricating it goes i might catch flack for this but im not ******* lubricating a sun roof every quarter that just retarded. It should be designed to work well wet or dry.

Billet707

Reaction score
Had mine fixed under warranty and when i signed to pick it up the parts and labor were over 900. So ive already recovered half of my flood ford extended expense. It binds a lot less now so I assume they are set with too much tension from factory. As far as lubricating it goes i might catch flack for this but im not ******* lubricating a sun roof every quarter that just retarded. It should be designed to work well wet or dry.
I kinda agree to be honest. We have a few guys at our department that theirs broke on the f150s as well. Now idk why they can't build them like the do the ford Fusion. My 8 year old Ford Fusion has yet to have a problem and I use it almost every day.