Suddenly a speed limiter??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2024RaptorR_NOVA

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how, exactly, do you know you hit 200kph?

Well I was driving it down a airport runway, had the speedo on digital display and watched it climbing from 0-200 before I let off. Speedo is correct at every other speed and the truck was still pulling/accelerating but as per my initial post I had to back off as I was running out of runway. They were also running a radar and it said 196km/hr when I passed their location.

blwnazstang

Reaction score
Soooo to me a bit weird, special ordered my truck and after some driving I went to a runway event to watch and was offered to run the truck. I obviously took it and was able to hit 200km/hr before shutting it down as I was running out of room and didn’t want to abuse the brakes anymore than necessary.

Truck is now a year old and has 21,000kms. Took it this weekend to another runway event and again was offered a run for fun and now my truck is limited to 170km/hr.......I assume the only way this could happen is that during one of my oil change/scheduled services someone for some reason downloaded a speed limiter and/or updated my ECU and it now has the limiter...

Has anyone else experienced this?

You will not have to worry about abusing the brakes making a stop from 124mph. Trust me, Ford brakes go through a lot more abuse testing than almost all owners will ever do.