GEN 2 Subwoofer solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The MTI enclosure will allow the sub to impact the seat when folded up, however, there is a company that makes relocation brackets for the rear seats, moving them either upward or forward - I think 2”. That’s enough to clear the sub and then some. Even without the brackets, you can still listen to tunes, just don’t go for competition volume while the rear seat(s) are up.
I have the single MTI 10” sub box that i think you have. If you release the back of the rear seat THEN FOLD IT UP, the seat does not contact the speaker in the box [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a dealer for MTI stuff as well and can tell you anyone that has issues with the seat either installed it incorrectly or doesn't understand how to latch the seat properly after this install. The simple solution is to fold the seat first and then latch it to the rear wall. Problem solved. Now if it's still not latching correctly the install was bad. You need to make certain there is absolutely nothing under the enclosure such as wiring. That is the most common issue. If you guy want to install the LMI seat lift option you can actually stick two 13.5" JL Audio TW5s back there. Running 1200 watts RMS to two of these is a bit much but very possible. With a seat lift you can also get some full sized subs under the seats which will sound amazing. I'm running two full sized 8s in a ported box and it's enough for me. I can easily **** off my neighbors if I wanted to with this setup or play it low when the kids are in the back. Let me know if anyone is interested in anything like this. I can help you build the perfect system to fit your needs.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have the single MTI 10” sub box that i think you have. If you release the back of the rear seat THEN FOLD IT UP, the seat does not contact the speaker in the box [emoji3]

If true... you just made Henry Tudors f@t, furry behind very happy... :cool:

OP
OP
0hmygee

0hmygee

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is great news.
I just read on the MTI website and got scared since they put it like this...
"With the seat bottom in the full upright/locked position, the woofer WILL make contact with the seat. We do NOT recommend playing the subwoofer while in this configuration. See YouTube instructional video below"

Shaun Pearson

Reaction score
I saw the 2" bracket, but didn't know it completely solves the touching problem. If that is the case, I will def go with 10" hahaha
I have the MTI box behind the seat with 2 JL Audio 10s + the seat bracket that moves the seat forward 2”.

Plenty of clearance now. The bracket was easy to install. The box and subs sound great. Way more clean base than I expected.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those JL enclosures are really nice but on back order. I can order them for you but there could be a wait time as all dealers have been affected by Covid.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't want to take up any floor space. This is how it turned out for me with the single 10" MTI box. I trimmed the black back felt panel to accommodate the box.

2RZJIzUIfSLFvsGC3pNHXW-TcNGroztA0hVEOSp29PKQ=w2400.jpg

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I am trying to find the best solution for the subwoofers for my 2020 with B&O.
Planning on going all aftermarket but Can't find the subs I need.
I need either Behind the seat with the seats all the way up or under the seats or wherever can fit...
No floor space can be used.
Looked into MTI but will have issues with seats all the way up in my understanding.
Haven't seen much about under-seat subwoofers on the forum.
If money isn't an issue, what would you recommend for tight, punchy bass (No need for super loud)
I rarely play anything over volume 13-14 so loudness is NOT what I'm looking for...

Any input would be appreciated!!!
THX in advance.

Custom cabinet behind the seats so you don't waste floor space. Dual JL audio 10" subs with JL Audio HD900/5

rear speakers.jpg