GEN 2 Subwoofer solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't want to take up any floor space. This is how it turned out for me with the single 10" MTI box. I trimmed the black back felt panel to accommodate the box.

Custom cabinet behind the seats so you don't waste floor space. Dual JL audio 10" subs with JL Audio HD900/5

Did either of you notice any issues from blocking off most of the rear cab exhaust vents?

Last edited:
OP
OP
0hmygee

0hmygee

Reaction score
I have the MTI box behind the seat with 2 JL Audio 10s + the seat bracket that moves the seat forward 2”.

Plenty of clearance now. The bracket was easy to install. The box and subs sound great. Way more clean base than I expected.
DO you happen to have before and after pics?
Also, is this the kit you used? Forward NOT Raise?
http://www.lmiwelding.com/kits_supercab.htm
The LMI 1520 SA, Straight Ahead, is a unique product for the "aluminum Body" trucks in that it shifts the entire rear seat straight ahead 2 inches at the top of the seat and can be adjusted to shift the seat bottom from 2 inches up to 3.25 inches ahead.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it doesnt seal the vent at all, no issue.

Ok, thanks, I guess the pictures are misleading. It looked like the drivers side was blocked, and the passenger side was part blocked. I had taken a good look at them when I just did mine. It's not blocked, but it's not a nearly straight shot to the vent like it was. I didn't know how sensitive something like that was.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of those other options will provide much more bass output than what Oldfart went with. It will also cost a fortune comparatively. If you wanted something more for easy listening go with Oldfarts system. If you wanted loud and more bass go with other options.

Last edited: