GEN 2 Subwoofer solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0hmygee

Reaction score
Hello.
I am trying to find the best solution for the subwoofers for my 2020 with B&O.
Planning on going all aftermarket but Can't find the subs I need.
I need either Behind the seat with the seats all the way up or under the seats or wherever can fit...
No floor space can be used.
Looked into MTI but will have issues with seats all the way up in my understanding.
Haven't seen much about under-seat subwoofers on the forum.
If money isn't an issue, what would you recommend for tight, punchy bass (No need for super loud)
I rarely play anything over volume 13-14 so loudness is NOT what I'm looking for...

Any input would be appreciated!!!
THX in advance.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I need either Behind the seat with the seats all the way up or under the seats or wherever can fit...
Looked into MTI but will have issues with seats all the way up in my understanding.
If money isn't an issue, what would you recommend for tight, punchy bass (No need for super loud)
I rarely play anything over volume 13-14 so loudness is NOT what I'm looking for...

THX in advance.

Your requirements sound exactly like Oldfart on this forum. You should check out his build that I put together for him. It was very inexpensive and met his requirements as asked. He just recently posted a couple of build posts to check out.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful about how much you build. I’ve spent a lot of money... and at medium to high volume... it sounds like what you’d expect... a lot of wow factor.

But in that 7-10 volume range... it sounds like a typical radio... just clearer and with better staging. Sure I can play with the EQ at low volumes and make it punchier but it isn’t where things excel.

If your focus is on that comfortable listening level, conversation level to slightly louder... let Hush or one of the experts set you up with some gear that has a high sensitivity and will play for you where you want it. You could spend 10 grand and not get the sound you want, where you want it... or you could spend 1 grand and get exactly what you wanted, where you wanted it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello.

THX in advance.

Check out my thread. I just got done doing what it sounds like you want. I couldn't be happier with it. I have pics up so you can see exactly how it fits in with minimal work.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/giant-thank-you-to-bruce-at-hush-audio.77640/

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The MTI enclosure will allow the sub to impact the seat when folded up, however, there is a company that makes relocation brackets for the rear seats, moving them either upward or forward - I think 2”. That’s enough to clear the sub and then some. Even without the brackets, you can still listen to tunes, just don’t go for competition volume while the rear seat(s) are up.

OP
OP
0hmygee

0hmygee

Reaction score
The MTI enclosure will allow the sub to impact the seat when folded up, however, there is a company that makes relocation brackets for the rear seats, moving them either upward or forward - I think 2”. That’s enough to clear the sub and then some. Even without the brackets, you can still listen to tunes, just don’t go for competition volume while the rear seat(s) are up.
I saw the 2" bracket, but didn't know it completely solves the touching problem. If that is the case, I will def go with 10" hahaha

OP
OP
0hmygee

0hmygee

Reaction score
Be careful about how much you build. I’ve spent a lot of money... and at medium to high volume... it sounds like what you’d expect... a lot of wow factor.

But in that 7-10 volume range... it sounds like a typical radio... just clearer and with better staging. Sure I can play with the EQ at low volumes and make it punchier but it isn’t where things excel.

If your focus is on that comfortable listening level, conversation level to slightly louder... let Hush or one of the experts set you up with some gear that has a high sensitivity and will play for you where you want it. You could spend 10 grand and not get the sound you want, where you want it... or you could spend 1 grand and get exactly what you wanted, where you wanted it.

Thanks for the advice. I agree with everything you said.
I'm planning on reusing my older pieces of equipment and will be doing the install myself so hopefully won't need to spend that much.
Would love to have the under-seat subs with two 10", but I have two dogs so need the whole floor space.