STREET FIGHT IN ZION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week in southern Utah. If you get a chance go east of Kanab to wire pass and buckskin gulch trail head. Amazing slot canyon hike. Zion was amazing and angel’s landing kicked my ass but was well worth it. But the most unexpected part of the trip was the drive from escalante to Boulder on the scenic byway. Most beautiful area and road I’ve seen. And then coral reef comes and then swingarm city.D35CC166-396A-4ECB-9F2F-D4C4EAE74FB0.jpeg

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week in southern Utah. If you get a chance go east of Kanab to wire pass and buckskin gulch trail head. Amazing slot canyon hike. Zion was amazing and angel’s landing kicked my ass but was well worth it. But the most unexpected part of the trip was the drive from escalante to Boulder on the scenic byway. Most beautiful area and road I’ve seen. And then coral reef comes and then swingarm city.View attachment 165562

What trail/road is this on? In the pic.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hwy 24 in between coral reef national park and Hanksville. Swingarm city is in caineville. It’s where ken bloke jumped his raptor in his YouTube video. Didn’t know where it was and just stumbled upon it. Definitely want to get back to the area.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Just got back from a week in southern Utah. If you get a chance go east of Kanab to wire pass and buckskin gulch trail head. Amazing slot canyon hike. Zion was amazing and angel’s landing kicked my ass but was well worth it. But the most unexpected part of the trip was the drive from escalante to Boulder on the scenic byway. Most beautiful area and road I’ve seen. And then coral reef comes and then swingarm city.View attachment 165562
Sounds like you had an amazing trip. I love Wire Pass, Big Gulch and all the hikes up there. Did you Base Camp Kanab? Hwy 12 there is called the Journey Through Time National Scenic Byway. “Hells Back Bone Grill” is the place to eat in Boulder. Did you stop at the Kiva Kofee House. Such a cool coffee shop on that Canyon Rim. Calf Creek Falls is a must hike just outside of Escalante

Last edited:

Smilodon

Reaction score
We live outside Cedar City, probably about an Hr. from Zion. Made the hike up Angel's landing a few years ago with my son. Absolutely epic. We've lived here about 6 months now. This place is why we bought the Raptor. Getting it pretty well kitted out for overlanding. Always looking for places to go. Always feel the pull everytime we pass some dirt road heading off into BLM. We'll definitely be checking out some of these places mentioned.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been going there for over 20yrs. Make day trips out of Vegas all the time. Reach out if you would like any tips on hiking or Off-Roading
PRO-TIP—-IF YOU'VE EVER THOUGHT OF DOING THE ICONIC BUCKET LIST HIKE “ANGELS LANDING” DO IT SOON!!
The MF communists are pushing to CLOSE it or MAKE IT A PERMIT HIKE, like the Subway or 1/2Dome in Yosemite. All this because I think 13 people have fallen to their Death since 2000. It’s called Natural F%><king Selection!! You Got to Know Your Limitations!! I don’t need “THE MAN” telling me where and when I can F#<~KING HIKE!!
DO IT SOON, the END IS NEAR...I’ve done it 10x, last time with my son. It’s one of the Most Amazing Hikes you can do w/o technical gear.

View attachment 165510

View attachment 165511

View attachment 165512

View attachment 165513

View attachment 165514

No one else thought this was Dwayne Johnson?

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
We live outside Cedar City, probably about an Hr. from Zion. Made the hike up Angel's landing a few years ago with my son. Absolutely epic. We've lived here about 6 months now. This place is why we bought the Raptor. Getting it pretty well kitted out for overlanding. Always looking for places to go. Always feel the pull everytime we pass some dirt road heading off into BLM. We'll definitely be checking out some of these places mentioned.
Nice Move :) You are Raptor Heaven