Stolen raptor tailgate/broke masterlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...since I'm a hardworking self employed minority I'd like to protect my expensive tailgate from other "minorities" who may steal it around here.

Based on this thread, the Masterlock isn't the one to go with.

Best options are:

1) McGard: Ford Raptor Tailgate Lock
2) Gate Keeper: Tailgate Theft Prevention, get a Gate Keeper

I more than likely ordering the GateKeeper.

OP
OP
JamesGrossaint

JamesGrossaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am more worried about them stealing my truck at this point, I don't plan on buying a new tailgate.

Talking to addictive desert design about a tc rear bumper combo
ve3aru2u.jpg

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you removed a tailgate, particularly a tailgate from a truck with the 801A and a step, which are the most valuable? They are heavy. What is more is there is no play, so in order for someone to bypass the tail gate keeper, they are going to have to remove it. Now you might say, well, that doesn't take long, and you would be correct. However, any antitheft device is designed to slow a low life thief down, and to keep the honest, honest. A professional that really wants something will figure out how to take the tail gate, no matter how many security devices that you have.

OP
OP
JamesGrossaint

JamesGrossaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My insurance said any f150 with camera and step are ideal targets.

Man step. 1400
Camera. 400
Tailgate. 700
Misc brackets 500
Paint 600
Emblems. 200
Handle with lock. 300

Estimate. 4100

OP
OP
JamesGrossaint

JamesGrossaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention spare tires if you have a race and anything else you leave in the bed.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was looking at this and it looks like it prevents someone from punching out the lock from the outside. But watching Noah's video, a thief just needs to hide in the bed and take out the screws on the back of the tailgate and trip the lock to open the gate. In Noah's video' he did it pretty quick. This item doesn't seem to address that.

My BakFlip F1 solves that problem.