Stock Wheels/New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
43,500 miles is pathetic? I hardly get that out of the tires on my sedan.

Considering we drive 7-8 months a year on snow and ice up here, I generally expect more life out of them. I've been running Toyo RT's on my 2011 Raptor for several years and got over 60K on my first set and probably could have gone another year before changing. Those aren't the greatest on ice, so I changed them out just before winter last year since the kid is driving that truck.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering we drive 7-8 months a year on snow and ice up here, I generally expect more life out of them. I've been running Toyo RT's on my 2011 Raptor for several years and got over 60K on my first set and probably could have gone another year before changing. Those aren't the greatest on ice, so I changed them out just before winter last year since the kid is driving that truck.

Different terrain here in AZ, the roads are hot and the rocks are sharp. Tires don’t last.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I've gone down to 34 in the rear and 36 up front. It is a little better, but on certain bumps at highway speeds the truck definitely seems to want to kick out to the side. Part of the problem is that the pressure in the tires fluctuates by 3-4 pounds depending on the temps and when they get heated up after driving a bit. It makes it tough to keep any consistency in tire pressure over a prolonged period of time. I am learning to live with the ride a little more though. I dont know if its just me, but I definately felt more "planted" in my 14 Raptor. I'm not saying it didnt have its moments, but it felt more secure on rough pavement.

I REALLY don’t get why many people seem dead set on running the wrong PSI on these trucks ESPECIALLY when they literally have tires specifically designed for them. Factory says 38 cold- that’s what you should run, it’s not even like it’s a “suggestion” - b/c as I said unlike 95% of vehicles on the road the Raptor engineers worked hand in hand w/ BFG to produce a fire for the it. Increasing PSI when towing/heavy payload or decreasing for use in sand or something is one thing- permanent running low pressure all the time on pavement is only gonna do 1 thing- create uneven & increase tire wear.

the “problem” you’re referencing would be alleviated w/ TQ arms traction bars or leaf springs.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty pathetic lifespan. I was running around 42 PSI.

The photo of your tire is consistent with wear from over inflation; the center of the tire shows significantly heavier wear than the shoulders. These tires are designed for 38 PSI; running 42 PSI would explain the abnormal wear you experienced.

kholding

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the KO2's. They have been great for me. I agree, tire pressure makes a huge difference in the feel.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my 1st time on KO2's and I've had poor experience with mine as well. I ran stock psi for a while but my centers are very noticably wearing faster than edges. Im at 12k miles. Be lucky to get 20k out of mine. Aired down to 36 and seem to be wearing a little better. Ive also lost the rear end a few times cornering on wet roads at normal speeds. I now keep it in 4A when it rains.

Went to my tire shop and he said they have had a lot of the newer ko2's brought back with premature and uneven wear. He no longer recommends them.

He highly recommended the yokohama x-at. Speaks very highly of them. However, recently his biggest seller and tire he is getting the most positive feedback from is the new Kenda Klever RT. Its not a premium brand and admitted he was skeptical at first and only ordered per customer request but said people love them and by word of mouth alone he can't order them fast enough. Peaks my interest. Esp at 800.00 a set.