Stock headlights insufficient

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Does anyone else think these headlights are really lacking? (low and high beam) It's like the light is too scattered or something. Definately worse than any other vehicle I have driven lately.

I need some auxiliary driving lights asap.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think these headlights are really lacking? (low and high beam) It's like the light is too scattered or something. Definately worse than any other vehicle I have driven lately.

I need some auxiliary driving lights asap.

HID's! They are unbelievably bright. I got a pair of 55 watt, dual beam, 6000k for $140 from Dan at [email protected] Where ever you buy, make sure to get dual beams that have both high and low beams. Believe it or not some people are selling only the low beams - i don't understand that.

Dan's a great guy and knows what a Raptor is and what lights you will need.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HID's! They are unbelievably bright. I got a pair of 55 watt, dual beam, 6000k for $140 from Dan at [email protected] Where ever you buy, make sure to get dual beams that have both high and low beams. Believe it or not some people are selling only the low beams - i don't understand that.

Now are these plug and play?

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

I thought HID's don't work in our type of reflector headlights, only in projector type with a focused beam. Wouldn't those blind oncoming traffic? I'll look into this.

I remember someone saying the Sylvania Silverstars burn up too often so I'm not excited to go that route either...

Do you or pirate air get flashed by other drivers?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought HID's don't work in our type of reflector headlights, only in projector type with a focused beam. Wouldn't those blind oncoming traffic? I'll look into this.

I remember someone saying the Sylvania Silverstars burn up too often so I'm not excited to go that route either...

I haven't been flashed once. But I've only got about 350 miles of night driving or so on them. This weekend was busy traffic though and I did lots of hwy night time driving, so I figured if I was going to get flashed it was going to happen by now, but I never did.

I went with the 35w's hoping it wouldn't be annoying for oncoming traffic. But I really want to experiment with a brighter 55w kit.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put Silverstars in mine and can't complain about stock headlights any more.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now are these plug and play?

They are plug and play. And Oh I forgot to tell ya, they're illegal in reflector type headlights. And while we're at it you might as well get all of the warnings. It's illegal to light the side SVT with anything but amber. And it's illegal to install an exhaust cut-out. And it's illegal to change your front turn signals from amber to white. It's illegal in Texas to not have a front license plate.

I have not been flashed yet, but i have very few miles on them at night. People around here are scared to flash you - that's how gangs select their next drive-by victims. You can drive all over my town with your high beams on and no one will say a thing.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The headlights are something I complained about last year after I got my Raptor. The low beams are bad and the high beams are worse.

Some months back I went to Tim's (XJRguy) place and we installed SilverStars. They're a significant improvement over the stock bulbs that's for sure.