Stock Beadlocks & Mud

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was wondering if anyone has tried anything to keep mud out of the stock beadlocks when off-roading?

The rim behind the beauty rings and even worse on the true beadlock collects a lot of dirt and especially mud. So much so that it makes the wheels very unbalanced and when the mud dies, it is a pain in the ass to get out. Even more so when you air down and now the valve stem has to be dug out to put air back in.

Wondering if you can put any kind of foam in there can be removed easily later, taking the mud with it. Just thinking of ideas.

Here is a picture of how bad it gets when I was at RTF the previous year.

Attachments

• IMG_9666-3554202076-H - Copy (2).jpg
    IMG_9666-3554202076-H - Copy (2).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 226

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a solid piece of 2-3mm 6061 cut to the shape and bolt pattern of the beauty ring. You would really only need 3-4 longer bolts to hold it on. It would look like a raptor on smoothies lol

Attachments

• 99c59a7a.jpg
    99c59a7a.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 115

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Best way to keep mud out of your rims.

The_Long_Road_Ahead.jpg

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First actual useful response so far, thanks @Zeke555

Maybe it's just the first response you think is useful. I may have LOL'd at the smoothie looking wheel but it would work and 4 6061 alloy discs could be had at a reasonable price. Think turbofan's with out the fan aspect.

Attachments

• FIFTEEN52 04 WIRE + COLOR.jpg
    FIFTEEN52 04 WIRE + COLOR.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 105

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up speedway motors and buy the foam inserts that the stock car and sprint car guys use. It's cheap, it's easy, and it works. I used them when I raced.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are neat. Never even heard of them. They would sure keep the crap out of the beadlock ring area. Would having the open holes cause them problem with getting blown or pushed out from the inside at all?