Stereo Bass fading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burnsy

Reaction score
My stereo starts off with strong bass, but as the song goes on the bass fades and isn’t strong as it started. Is there a setting I have on? 2022 Gen 3 Raptor

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the ’21+, but the ’17 Sony and 18+b&o in the Jen Too have a significant bass roll off as the volume goes up.

OP
OP
B

Burnsy

Reaction score
Ok. So I’m not the only one. There has to be others who have a solution!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok. So I’m not the only one. There has to be others who have a solution!
What Smurf is talking about is different from what you described. The previous systems would roll off the bass as you increased volume to save the speakers, but it stays the same at a given volume. It will maintain the same bass level all day if the volume is at the same level.

OP
OP
B

Burnsy

Reaction score
Ok. I’ll see if keeping the volume down solves it. But damn, no fun if you can’t max it out!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
been talked about too death..... in order to save warranty claims for blown speakers......as you turn the volume up say past 15, the bass gets turned down. contrary to what people think.....it is not too much power that blows speakers...but too little power.

the factory SONY / B&O amp is only 12 watts of power per channel. So as you start to max out the amp, the base begins to "clip" and sends "square waves" to the speakers. This clipping / square waves are what blow speakers. Bass frequencies are what clip the amp, so the B&O strategy is to roll of bass to save the speakers.

Where this becomes a big deal....is you can't just add an amp and sub to a B&O system...because of the bass roll off. You have to replace it all, or you are just throwing away money. You can't fix the B&O system...only replace it.

OP
OP
B

Burnsy

Reaction score
Well dang. They should have accounted for that. You’d think in a high end vehicle you’d have a high end stereo

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the ’21+, but the ’17 Sony and 18+b&o in the Jen Too have a significant bass roll off as the volume goes up.
Would that have something to do with a Speed Compensation setting? It “might” be the case if this is an issue noticed while driving. Just a thought…