GEN 2 Steering wheel heating on remote start, despite settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will only come on automatically if you have it turned on under advanced settings in the dash to use automatic climate control. This is the same for the heated/cooled seats and rear window/mirror defrost.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will only come on automatically if you have it turned on under advanced settings in the dash to use automatic climate control. This is the same for the heated/cooled seats and rear window/mirror defrost.

I don’t think anybody is debating how it is *supposed* to work...

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing that too but as soon as I turned it off in the advanced climate settings it stopped.

If youre going to go in and tweak it to your liking sounds like forscan is the bet route and just fully customize exactly when you do/don't want it on. That's my plan at least...

Cherry Ghost

Reaction score
It’s sunny and 75 degrees in DFW and my 2019’s heated steering wheel is turning on with remote start. I double checked and my advanced settings are set to where it should not come on.

Any ideas? Did anyone have any luck with Forscan?

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, my 2020 does this and thought it was a setting. It got down into the 50s last night. Will remote start my car before i leave work and see if it turns on, today is in low 70s.