Steering wheel heat removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLF5

Reaction score
My window sticker just appeared online for my 23 37" Raptor and one of the line items says, "Steering Wheel Heat Removal - $140".

Has anyone else seen this? Its a problem for me

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to be one of these people but have you looked around or googled or anything regarding this? There is a thread just a few below yours about it. Tons of posts on it.

They deleted the heated steering wheel and mirrors earlier in the year. They put the mirrors back on.

CW McCall

Reaction score
This was one of the big reasons I opted to look for a gently used 2022 instead of rolling the dice (and waiting!) for my 23 order. I don't know why they can't delete the heated steering wheels from all the Lariat F-150's and leave the Raptors alone, but hey I don't run a major global auto manufacturer.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was one of the big reasons I opted to look for a gently used 2022 instead of rolling the dice (and waiting!) for my 23 order. I don't know why they can't delete the heated steering wheels from all the Lariat F-150's and leave the Raptors alone, but hey I don't run a major global auto manufacturer.
It always comes down to money.
My window sticker just appeared online for my 23 37" Raptor and one of the line items says, "Steering Wheel Heat Removal - $140".

Has anyone else seen this? Its a problem for me
Uh yah, it's been happening for the past 2 years. Welcome to the parts shortage party!

OP
OP
G

GLF5

Reaction score
Maybe my perfectly good 2019 Raptor will be spending some more time with me. Frustrating for sure.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why they can't delete the heated steering wheels from all the Lariat F-150's and leave the Raptors alone, but hey I don't run a major global auto manufacturer.
Why rob Peter to pay Paul? How do you suppose Lariat shoppers would feel about that? Can’t please everybody. It sucks the Raptor drew the short stick on this but it is what it is.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why rob Peter to pay Paul? How do you suppose Lariat shoppers would feel about that? Can’t please everybody. It sucks the Raptor drew the short stick on this but it is what it is.
It’s across the board…Lariat, Raptor, even Limited. I’m not sure how it goes from 100% to 0% in a month but they must have ordered it this way from the sub