Steering Tie Rod Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they a big improvement? Or is it mostly just for strength? Is there one kit that stands out above the rest?

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of what I’ve gathered it’s mainly just for strength and if your tie rods are older you’ll notice the steering will feel tighter due to the worn out bushings on the factory tie rods

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
switching to heims may take some of the vagueness out of the steering for you. My truck steers like a sportscar now. ( full disclaimer. the entire front suspension was replaced when the SVC steering bits were added to my truck.)

BUT, way more solid, connected feeling to the steering now.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the RPG tie rods and can say the steering response has improved. The steering is tighter especially when driving offroad. You also won't have to worry about the bushings squeaking down the road as Ford's are known to do. As with @zombiekiller I had the entire front suspension changed out on mine. I did have a short time where just the tie rods and UCA's were the only thing changed and there was a noticeable difference.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I need someone from SVC/RPG/Camburg to chime in...I know on some conversion kits adding a clevis and rod end to the inner rack can move the pivot point and change the factory bumpsteer....?

D

Deleted member 12951

Aftermarket tie rods were designed to reduce bump steer and stabilize the steering of the Ford Raptor under extreme conditions. The Heim Joint ends will reduce slack that the factory ball joints can cause, plus the links will absorb shock and take more abuse than the factory steel rods.

From a vendors website

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So do you guys that have them think they’re worth th 600+ bucks?
I ran them in my gen one and had to replace the Heims once a year after winter. Even with the bolts they were destroyed by frost, salt, etc.

Also it may not be connected but after the initial batch of aftermaths rods were I stalled, several of us had failed steering racks, due to the end bushing on the rack failing.

They are expensive, you have to drill out the steering knuckle and you can’t go back afterwards. So think far ahead.

It’s also a nightmare for most alignment shops to align correctly because one of the heim links is hidden behind the boot. And it always binds because they only loosen one end. It was always a battle getting them to do it correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran them in my gen one and had to replace the Heims once a year after winter. Even with the bolts they were destroyed by frost, salt, etc.

Also it may not be connected but after the initial batch of aftermaths rods were I stalled, several of us had failed steering racks, due to the end bushing on the rack failing.

They are expensive, you have to drill out the steering knuckle and you can’t go back afterwards. So think far ahead.

It’s also a nightmare for most alignment shops to align correctly because one of the heim links is hidden behind the boot. And it always binds because they only loosen one end. It was always a battle getting them to do it correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info! Sounds like unless you’re really off-roading hard/jumping hard it’s really not worth getting.